Hearts, flowers and all things love and romance: Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year! Travel itself can be an incredibly romantic activity; whether you travel with your partner, meet your soulmate on the road or simply want to share some love with your family and friends while seeing the world. In honour of 14 February 2022, we put together a list of 14 Valentine quotes that share the magic of love and travel!
One of the greatest loves in many people’s lives is travel. And what’s not to love? It takes you to dream destinations, showcases mindblowing places and allows you to experience things that are exciting and new. Travel expands your horizons and shows you places, new and old, in a different light.
1. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Lewis Carroll
2. “Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.” — Anonymous
3. “The journey of a thousand leagues begins beneath your feet.” — Lao-Tzu
4. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” — Henry Miller
5. “And the purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on an old familiar pillow.” — Lin Yutong
7. “I’m in love with cities I have never been to and people I have never met.” — Anonymous
8. “There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.” — Anonymous
9. “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, “I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.” — Lisa St. Aubin de Teran
10. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” — Andre Gide
11. “If happiness is the goal – and it should be, then adventure should be top priority.” — Richard Branson
12. “To travel is to live.” — Hans Christian Andersen
13. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
14. “Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.” — Albus Dumbledore
If these Valentine quotes have sparked your wanderlust, now is the perfect time to start planning future trips. Check out the best romantic getaways for trip inspiration and take a look at our exciting range of coach and railway tours. You’ll be falling in love with the world again in no time. With love from Expat Explore!
We’ll deliver top travel tips, insider info and travel inspiration right to your inbox.