Taste of England
Buck up there guv'nor, we've rustled up a truly brilliant, week-long England holiday that will knock your socks right off. As quintessentially British as a spot o' tea, the Queen Mother and a corgi in a Union Jack-overcoat, this England vacation package is about as authentic as it comes.
Join us on this tour of England as we marvel at archaeological wonders, follow in Roman footsteps to healing springs, amble along ancient limestone gorges, and stop along the way to enjoy some good ol' bubble and squeak at a roadside pub. We'll also look up the very first king of England, tip a hat to The Bard, go the way of Penny Lane and Eleanor Rigby and traipse through more than just one epic castle. Excited about our England tours yet? Blinding! Book your spot on one of our guided English coach tours and let's go see a man about a dog, shall we?
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- No minimum numbers required.
- FREE Wi-Fi in hotels.
- Massive early bird savings
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $80.00 required and no booking fees.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
DAY 1: London - Stonehenge - Cheddar - Exeter
Welcome to your tour of England! Departing from London, we make our way to the iconic sight of Stonehenge. This archaeological wonder has stood for thousands of years since prehistoric times. You have the option to enter this ancient site for yourself and learn about the history of the area. We’ll then travel on to our lunch stop in Cheddar. It's here, in Cheddar Gorge, where cheddar cheese originated, with the caves maintaining the perfect temperature all year round for maturing cheese. You’ll get to sample some of the delicious varieties hand-made here, followed by some free time for lunch. We then head onward to Exeter. Your tour leader will take you on an orientation tour of this cathedral city before we enjoy an included welcome dinner together.
DAY 2: Dartmoor - Jamaica Inn - St Ives - St Michael's Mount - Mevagissey - Exeter
Today we’ll explore Devon and the neighbouring county of Cornwall, with the drive taking us through Dartmoor, with a photo stop in this national park known for its stunning natural beauty. Our next stop is Jamaica Inn, the UK’s most famous smuggling inn, with included entry to the museum. We’ll then make our way to St Ives, one of Britain’s most popular seaside resorts, the perfect place to grab a Cornish pasty for lunch. We then head for a quick photo stop at St Michael's Mount, a rocky island crowned with a church and castle. Our final stop of the day is at Mevagissey, a beautiful fishing village on the Cornish coast. Dating back to the 14th Century, you’ll have some free time to explore the narrow cobbled streets, and buy some of the best fish and chips in the world for dinner. After a full day of exploring we make our way back to our hotel in Exeter.
DAY 3: Bath - Cotswolds - Oxford
Our first stop this morning is the beautiful and historic city of Bath, famous for the Roman baths built here during the reign of the Roman Empire. Your tour leader will take you on an orientation tour to see some of the main sights like the Royal Crescent, Bath Abbey and Pulteney Bridge. You’ll then have free time to wander the historic streets, or join a must-see optional excursion to the Roman Baths. We then drive through the beautiful scenery of the Cotswolds to our lunch stop for the day. Bourton-on-the-water is a beautiful and tranquil village that has often been voted as England’s prettiest. With a river that runs through the village and a series of stone bridges, you’ll see why it’s described as the charming “Venice of the Cotswolds.” Later this afternoon we’ll arrive in Oxford, known worldwide for its famous university. A local guide will introduce you to the cities history and some of its most iconic sights and college buildings, such as Trinity, Christ Church and the Bodleian Library, which famously featured in the Harry Potter films, before enjoying an included dinner.
DAY 4: Stratford upon Avon - Liverpool
After breakfast we make for Stratford-upon-Avon, the hometown of William Shakespeare. A market town with more than 800 years of history, it still has many buildings that would be familiar to the bard if he was still around today. You'll enjoy some free time to explore - why not visit Shakespeare's house? We’ll then travel north to Liverpool, a famous British port city with a rich history - music fans will be enthralled to be in the home of The Beatles. Spot the famous sites with our driving tour of the city, and explore the city yourself during your free time this evening. We suggest you head to Mathew Street, the beating heart of the live music scene and home to the world-famous ‘Cavern Club’, where The Beatles first made their mark on modern music.
DAY 5: Samlesbury - Windermere - Carlisle
A short drive from Liverpool is our first destination, Samlesbury, where we’ll visit Samlesbury Hall, a famous medieval manor house and stately home built in the 14th century, this is included in your tour package. We’ll then visit Windermere, the largest natural lake in England, situated in the stunningly beautiful Lake District National Park. You’ll have some free time to explore Windermere before we head to our accommodation in Cumbria; considered one of England's most outstanding areas of natural beauty, it has provided inspiration for many famous artists, including William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
DAY 6: Hadrian’s Wall - Alnwick Castle - York
Our first stop this morning is Hadrian’s Wall, built by the Romans as the northern limit of the Roman Empire and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will then have the opportunity to visit Alnwick Castle, the home of the Duke of Northumberland and the second-largest inhabited castle in England after Windsor Castle. This castle has also featured in many famous films and TV shows, including two Harry Potter films (The Philosopher’s Stone and The Chamber of Secrets), Downton Abbey and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Later this afternoon we’ll arrive in York, where we’ll enjoy a walking tour of this historic walled city before an included farewell dinner this evening.
DAY 7: Cambridge - London
Unfortunately it’s the last day of your England tour, but we're finishing off with a real treat - today we make our way to the historic university town of Cambridge! Along with the exquisite architecture, quirky traditions and deep history, there are a significant number of bright sparks who have passed through the city’s famous university, including Charles Darwin, David Attenborough and William Wordsworth. We’ll do the traditional pastime and go punting along the river before we return to London where our tour concludes this evening.
- 6 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 6 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Modern air conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs, and toilet.
- 20 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Roman Baths
- Shakespeare's House
- Alnwick Castle
- The Beatles Story & Museum
- University of Oxford college visit
- An Evening in Scotland
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get early bird rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in London. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Are transfers included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Can you tell me the name of the hotels I will be staying in?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on my tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much time will be spent on the coach?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is Europe a safe place to travel to?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).