Montenegro, a Mediterranean country, is mostly known for the mountainous landscapes and beautiful coastlines. Take the most breathtaking drive through the countryside and along the coastline from Dubrovnik to Kotor via Budva. Kotor is squeezed in between the St.John mountain and the Adriatic ocean. Together with natural beauty, the spectacular bay and astonishing old town Montenegro really is one of Europe’s gems. The old town of Kotor has been beautifully preserved from the Middle Ages, but be warned Kotor was built like a maze for protective purposes and even the locals get lost.
Remember to taste the holy trinity of the Mediterranean - fish, wine and olive oil (largely produced locally). Montenegro is an optional excursion on the Best of Europe and Croatian & Western Delights tours. Once there, you will fall madly in love with Montenegro, no doubt!
- Experiences Included: 19
- Optional Excursions: 5
- Meals Included: 23
- Tour Operator: Expat Explore
- START IN: Athens
- END IN: Athens
- Explore every country in the Balkan peninsula
- Free days to enjoy Dubrovnik, Budapest & Sofia
- Explore Delphi, Meteora & Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Visit Kotor, Budva, Tirana, Ljubljana, Belgrade & Thessaloniki