If you are looking for adventure, ancient sites, history and local culture, this is the tour for you. With over 15 days on our Egypt and Jordan combined tours, we will show you the highlights of Egypt and Jordan. You’ll experience the jewels in the crowns of these destinations, including the best Nile cruise, local Jordan, Egypt and Petra tours as well as ample time to relax in this magnificent part of the world.
Why should you pick this tour? For a whole host of reasons! Here are some highlights:
- Enjoy a 5-star cruise and sail down the iconic Nile, which is the world’s longest river. The best way to experience the Nile River is from the water. Along the way, you’ll make stops at famous monuments like the Temple of Kom-Ombo. Plus, you’ll have the option to visit Abu Simbel’s monumental temples. Nile cruise holidays are a top reason to visit Egypt.
- Learn about this ancient culture. Egypt is home to a myriad of possibilities to marvel at and discover! This includes the Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx, as well as the iconic Luxor and Karnak Temples and more - ancient intrigue abounds!
- In Cairo, visit the Egyptian Museum and see King Tutankhamun’s treasures, and feel the vibrant local atmosphere when you stroll through Cairo’s Khan el-Khalili Bazaar, which is colourful and chaotic!
- Relax for two days at an all-inclusive Red Sea resort where you can enjoy a number of exciting optional activities.
- Be amazed at Petra and discover why this ancient site is nicknamed the “Rose City” with a local guide.
- Experience the unique desert vibes in Wadi Rum. Unforgettable experiences here include a jeep safari across the lunar-like landscape as well as spending a night under the stars at a Bedouin desert campsite. Enjoy an authentic Jordanian dinner here too.
- Local guided tours in Cairo and Amman give you insight into these capital cities.
Is this the right trip for you?
What kind of accommodation can I expect on tour?
Accommodation aboard the 5-star Nile cruise will be twin-share cabins and you will cruise for three nights. The rest of the accommodation on tour will be 3 and 4-star hotels with twin share rooms as well as one night at a desert camp in Jordan. Single travellers will be roomed with a traveller of the same gender. If you would prefer some privacy, you can opt for the single supplement (at an additional cost).
What will the weather be like in Egypt and Jordan?
Egypt and Jordan are located in North Africa and the Middle East. Here, summer is incredibly hot. If you are travelling in the warm weather, be sure to pack adequate sun protection.
When is the best time to visit Egypt and Jordan?
The best time to visit Egypt and Jordan is generally in Spring between March and May when the weather is pleasant. Winter can become surprisingly cool. Autumn is another great time to visit, however pack a rain jacket as the rains arrive then. The same can be said for the best time for a Nile cruise.
What should I pack for this tour?
There will be a fair amount of walking involved, sometimes in dusty, rocky areas in the desert so be sure to pack sturdy and comfortable walking shoes. There will be two flights included in this tour itinerary; from Cairo to Aswan and from Cairo to Amman in Jordan. Keep this in mind when packing.
Is it safe to cruise on the Nile?
Yes! The best Egypt Nile cruise tours are a safe, relaxing and beautiful way to explore the Nile River.
Can you swim in the Nile?
In certain areas, yes. Be sure to check with your tour leader or operator beforehand.
Can you touch the pyramids?
It is important to be respectful when visiting as it is an ancient site complex. You are able to buy tickets to tour inside the Pyramids and see more.
Is this ideal for a family tour holiday?
Egypt and Jordan tours are great options for a family holiday! They are two of the safest places to visit in the Middle East. They offer a combination of fun adventure activities plus captivating history and a chance for the whole family to relax at a resort.
This Egypt and Jordan trip is perfect for travellers looking for some desert fun and adventure and a chance to enjoy exciting Nile Cruise holidays. It is great for travellers of a range of ages as well as families and solo travellers. Hop aboard and enjoy our fun, affordable and convenient Egypt and Jordan tours!