Taste of South Africa
Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
This 8-day South African tour hits all of the high notes in a short amount of time. If a 2019 safari is on your must-do list, but you also want experience Stellenbosch wine tours and make your way to a malaria-free, Big Five game reserve in Limpopo, we've got you covered. Follow in the slipstream of passionate locals as you seek South Africa's foremost attractions and drink in gorgeous vistas at every turn. From cosmopolitan city centres to star-spangled bushveld skies, this South African holiday covers it all.
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
- Modern air-conditioned private coach.
- High quality accommodation.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Cape Town, 12:15 hrs & 14:45 hrs
Cape Town, Check in from 14:00 hrs
Johannesburg Airport, Complementary airport transfers offered - email us for confirmation
DAY 1: Cape Town
Start your South Africa holiday in Cape Town. Affectionately called the Mother City by her colourful locals, Cape Town is a city like no other. If you happen to arrive earlier in the day, take a bus or taxi into the CBD and jump straight in. Meet up with your tour leader and fellow travellers at the hotel this evening for a welcome dinner.
DAY 2: Cape Town City Tour
Day one of your South African tour starts with a bang as you embark on a driving tour of the historic city centre. Take in the sights at the Castle of Good Hope, the fascinating Cape Malay area, and famous Company's Gardens. After the tour, spend time exploring the amazing Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. This afternoon you have to option to venture up the iconic Table Mountain in a cable car before heading to Camps Bay and Chapman's Peak on a sunset drive.
DAY 3: Cape Town - Free day
Spend a free day in Cape Town in any way you wish! Visit Robben Island to follow in Mandela's footsteps, or stop over at one or two of the beautiful museums. Perhaps view contemporary African art at the Zeitz MOCAA. Alternatively, opt for a Cape Peninsula Day Trip. This takes you on a scenic drive along the coast from Cape Town to the Cape Point National Park. At Cape Point take the Flying Dutchman funicular to the upper lighthouse for the incredible panoramic views. Towering cliffs, the Atlantic ocean and endemic fynbos. Pass through Simon's Town and Kalk Bay, stop over at Boulders Beach to see the famous African penguins. Then also explore the internationally acclaimed Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden.
DAY 4: Cape Winelands - Cape Town
Off to the Cape Winelands for two local wine tasting experiences. The university town of Stellenbosch lies at the heart of this beautiful region and boasts 150+ wine farms that form part of the Stellenbosch Wine Route. Get ready for two wine tasting encounters that will introduce you to local cultivars like Pinotage (uniquely South African), Chenin Blanc, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc. After a delicious lunch, you are free to explore the town at leisure before heading back to your hotel in Cape Town.
DAY 5: Cape Town - Johannesburg - Mabula Lodge (Limpopo)
This morning, make your way to Cape Town International airport accompanied by an Expat Explore representative*. Board a connecting flight to Johannesburg for the final stretch of the tour. Upon touchdown you are whisked off to the luxurious Mabula Game Lodge. This malaria-free Limpopo safari destination is less than 3 hours from Joburg. Welcome to the African bush where extraordinary animal experiences awaits, perhaps even spotting the Big 5! Lunch is served upon arrival and dinner is included this evening. Two game drives included in your stay, so book it at reception when you're ready.
*Please note that this leg of the tour does not include a personal Expat Explore tour leader.
DAY 6: Mabula Lodge (Limpopo) - Free day
Today you have the entire day at Mabula Game Lodge to spend exactly as you wish. Make your way to reception to book a number of experiences on offer. Limpopo safaris are legendary and you can choose to take to the bush in a number of ways - set out on foot, take a quad bike trip, or go mounted on a specially-trained horse. Or wait for nightfall to encounter the nocturnal animals while indulging in a spot of stargazing? You could even hop aboard a hot air balloon to view it all from above at dusk...
DAY 7: Mabula Lodge - Johannesburg
Make your way from the Limpopo game reserve back to Johannesburg, where your bags will be dropped at the hotel and you have a full day to explore the City of Gold. Go shopping, visit Gold Reef City, or opt for optional tours around the city, or into the vibrant township of Soweto. Dinner is served at your hotel this evening.
DAY 8: Johannesburg
Enjoy breakfast with your tour mates one last time and hop the complimentary hotel transfer to O. R. Tambo International Airport. Hamba kahle - the Expat Explore team hopes you welcome you back aboard soon!
- 7 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- 7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Modern air conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs, and toilet.
- 7 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Cape Peninsula Day Trip
- Helicopter Flight
- Horse Back Safari
- Quad Biking Trail
- Guided Walking Tours
- Cheetah Tracking Experience
- Night Game Drive
- Star Gazing
- Balloon Safari
- Soweto tour
- Johannesburg city tour
- Soweto tour with lunch
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
Certain nationalities may require a visa for this tour. Please see our visas page for more information. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassy to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide support documentation upon request, please contact us for more information.
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of the activities and meals that are included in the tour cost, and those which are optional/extra. We would recommend budgeting 200-350 ZAR per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts in Cape Town and finishes in Johannesburg. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have at least two blank pages as visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed on your tours?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Do I need a visa?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have on-tour luggage storage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on my tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What is included in the tour price?
What is the average age of your groups?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
What time does each day start on tour?
Where does my tour depart from?
Who will be my tour leader?
Will I get confirmation of my payment?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A