You’ll explore two incredible countries over 10 days on our exciting Jordan and Israel tours. This part of the world has history stretching back thouands of years and is an important centre for three major world religions; Judaism, Christianity and Islam. It’s a place where you can explore ancient monuments and holy sites of immense significance. This makes it a fantastic destination filled with numerous top sights and experiences.
You’ll have the chance to see the highlights of Jordan and Israel with us. These include a number of experiences, which are all reasons to book this tour:
- Spend time wondering the immense ruins of Petra. Experience the temples, tombs and the ancient city. Admire the pink sandstone and the buildings cut straight into the rock. This is Jordan’s top architectural attraction and one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World! A definite must see on any trips to Jordan.
- Indulge in some serious history across Israel and Jordan. This part of the world is overflowing with historical landmarks and significant spiritual havens! This is your opportunity to explore ancient monuments. Visit Jerusalem and Nazareth. See the baptism site of Jesus, visit the Old City of Jerusalem and Jaffa, and the Church of the Sepulchre. Explore historic Aqaba and Jerash in Jordan.
- Explore Israel and spend time in Jerusalem, where you can see major Israel highlights. Learn the stories of graffiti work at the famous Banksy Wall, climb the Mount of Olives and enjoy the best views of Old Town Jerusalem. Tour more of the city and see the Wailing Wall, Mount Zion and the Via Dolorosa.
- Encounter the legendary Dead Sea! You’ll have the chance to float in this large salt water lake that has become one of the best known bodies of water in the world.
- Embark on a jeep safari in Wadi Rum, Jordan - also known as the “Valley of the Moon”. Spend time exploring the lunar-like landscapes at Wadi Rum - one of the most beautiful deserts in the world.
- Spend a night under the stars when you sleep overnight at a Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum. Enjoy a traditional dinner, sit around the campfire and listen to stories of the traditional Bedouin way of life.
Is this trip right for you?
Will I need to be fit for this tour if there is a lot of walking?
While you will be safely transported between all of the destinations day-to-day, you will spend time exploring these destinations on foot so be prepared for a lot of walking. Pack comfortable walking shoes, sun protection and be sure to stay hydrated. You’ll also have the chance to take it easy and relax during free time.
What is it like sleeping at a campsite?
We will spend one night at a Bedourin campsite in Wadi Rum, Jordan. The traditional Bedouin tents have modern bathrooms and the campsite has a terraced area, bar facilities and a swimming pool. A campsite upgrade is also available as an optional add-on (at an additional cost). The upgrade includes a bigger tent, air-conditioning and a TV.
When is the best month to visit Israel and Jordan?
Spring (March - May) is generally the best time to visit as the weather is pleasant. Summer becomes very hot and winters can be surprisingly cool! Autumn is another good time to visit, keep note that there can be rain at this time.
Is it safe to travel to Israel and Jordan?
These destinations are two of the safest in the Middle East.
Should I tip in Jordan and Israel?
Tipping is widely practiced in Jordan and Israel so if you are happy with your service, feel free to leave a tip! 10 - 15% is the usual amount.
Join our tours of Israel and Jordan and venture across the best of the Middle East with us! Expat Explore offers a fun, convenient and affordable way to enjoy holidays to Israel and Jordan.