Please note: We are not the operator of this tour, but an agent. This will also reflect as such in your purchase receipt. Please refer to our terms & conditions should you require more information.
Our tour through Israel & Jordan explores both famous ancient sites and modern attractions. Passionate locals show us their countries from a unique point of view. We explore the striking cities of Tel Aviv and Amman. Ancient Jaffa and Jerusalem are also on our list. Along the way we’ll fuel you with the tastiest local foods. There’s also plenty of solo exploration time. You’ll experience Petra - one of the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World. Sleep in a Bedouin camp, sip on traditional tea around a campfire, and embark on desert safari adventure! See a real oasis! Encounter the legendary Dead Sea! Kick back and relax at a Red Sea resort in Eilat... Wander through unforgettable sites like Caesarea. Discover the Mount of Olives and the pilgrimage sites around Bethlehem. Israel and Jordan are colourful, cultural and spiritual havens. Get ready for a Middle Eastern adventure like no other!
Like all Expat Explore vacation packages, this itinerary is a guaranteed departure. We use modern, air-conditioned private transport, and include free wifi at each hotel so you can stay connected and share all your incredible photos and memories with your friends and family while on your Israel and Jordan tour!
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $80.00 required and no booking fees.
- Modern air-conditioned coach transport.
- High quality accommodation.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
DAY 1: Arrive in Tel Aviv
Welcome to Tel Aviv! Your middle-eastern adventure starts here. Check in to your hotel and then the rest of the day is set aside to explore the city by yourself. Tel Aviv has many beautiful beaches and great architectural sites to discover. There are also lots of little cafés where you can enjoy a coffee and watch the locals go by.
DAY 2: Jesus' Baptism Site - Mount Masada - Eilat
After breakfast it’s time for a jam-packed day! We depart from Tel Aviv to explore the Baptism site of Jesus at Qasr el Yehud. This is a famous destination on the banks of the Jordan River. It is known as the place where Jesus was baptised by John the Baptist. Leaving the religious site, we drive through the Judean Desert to Mount Masada. Marvel at the view of the Dead Sea below. Shift your gaze and drink in the Moab Mountains of Jordan. Then it’s onto Eilat in the early evening. Here we will experience dinner in a traditional kibbutz - a quintessential Israeli experience! You then have the rest of the evening to relax, or experience the Red Sea's nightlife.
DAY 3: Eilat - Free day
Today you have the entire day to discover the many marvels of Eilat at your own pace. There are many to choose from! Explore the Red Sea beaches, or go diving. Visit Dolphin Reef, or head to Timna Park. The cliffside views will take your breath away. Alternatively, you could visit to the Underwater Observatory. Or how about touring the city on foot and doing a little shopping? Keen to explore further afield? Head to the Red Canyon hiking trails to explore the mesmerising red rock canyons. There are trails for every fitness level.
DAY 4: Aqaba - Wadi Rum
Today we cross into Jordan and enter the port city of Aqaba, where you can explore the city. The old town has a wonderful 'souk' (Arab marketplace) with a lively atmosphere. From here, the day keeps getting better. We embark on a desert jeep safari in Wadi Rum with local Bedouin guides. They escort us through the region’s striking lunar landscape. Many Hollywood movies have been filmed here, including Matt Damon’s ‘The Martian’. Our day ends in a tented camp in Wadi Rum. Here we watch the sun go down across the red rock landscape. Then we dine on traditional foods (included) and retire to a private tent to sleep under the stars.
DAY 5: Petra - Dead Sea - Amman
Today we have ample time to explore Petra. It's Jordan's most famous archaeological site. Not to mention one of UNESCO's 7 Wonders of the Ancient World! We discover the many tombs and temples carved into the pink sandstone cliffs. The iconic attraction, The Treasury (Al Khazneh), is also on our list. This structure boasts striking Greek-inspired architectural elements. You might recognise it from the movie Indiana Jones. A traditional lunch (included) is served, before we head to the Dead Sea. This salt lake is known for giving swimmers the sensation of being weightless. Our day ends in the beautiful city of Amman - the capital of Jordan. We recommend you spend your evening in downtown Amman - it's a must-see!
DAY 6: Jerash - Sea of Galilee & Capernaum - Nazareth/Tiberias
After breakfast this morning we enjoy a brief city tour of Amman before heading north to Jerash. One of the biggest archaeological sites in the Middle East, dating back to Roman times. The century-old ruins have been carefully preserved. Exploring these structures will transport you back in time. A local lunch (included) is served in Jerash before we cross the border to Israel. Once there, we make our way to the Sea of Galilee. This freshwater lake is the largest source of drinking water for Israel. It is also an important pilgrimage site for many Christians. We then visit Capernaum, one of the most prominent sites in the area. This fishing village is located in the Galilee region of northern Israel. It is here where Jesus is believed to have worked his Biblical miracles. We then overnight in Nazareth or Tiberias.
DAY 7: Nazareth - Caesarea - Tel Aviv - Jaffa Port - Jerusalem
First thing today we head out to explore Nazareth. This city, which is today the capital of Israel's Arab population, is said to have been the childhood home of Jesus. Nazareth is home to an abundance of fascinating architectural sites. From here, we head north to the western coastline. First we stop to explore Caesarea, King Herod's renowned port on the Mediterranean. You’ll have some free time for lunch and exploring. Caesarea is the ancient Roman capital of Judea. We highly recommend that you make your way to the Caesarea amphitheatre. It’s one of the oldest in the eastern Mediterranean! This afternoon we'll do a city tour of Tel Aviv and Jaffa. Jaffa is an ancient port city that inspired the biblical story of 'Jonah and the Whale'! Explore the beautifully restored city from which modern Tel Aviv developed. Highlights of this tour include a drive up Rothschild Boulevard. Tonight we settle down in our hotel in Jerusalem.
DAY 8: Bethlehem - Mount of Olives - Jerusalem
We start the day with a guided tour of Bethlehem. Visit the Church of Nativity and see the famous Shepherd's' Fields. Then we’ll have a photo stop at Banksy wall. At the Mount of Olives we stop to view the City of Gold from above and visit the Church of all Nations. Next up is the Old City of Jerusalem. This destination has more holy sites than any other square kilometre in the world. We visit the Wailing Wall, Mount Zion, the Via Dolorosa & more. This evening we discover the Machane Yehuda Market back in Jerusalem. Here locals sell fresh produce, pastries, coffee and the best olives around! At night it changes into a hub for tourists and foodies to hang out.
DAY 9: Jerusalem - Free day
Today is your free day in the capital of Israel! Jerusalem has been described as one of the most spiritually intense destinations in the world. It's a holy land for Christians, Muslims and Jews alike. After spending time in the old city yesterday, you can head out to some of the other big attractions today. The Israel Museum should be at the top of your list. It's ranked as one of the top archaeological and art institutions in the world. It hosts a comprehensive range of art and ancient artifact pieces from the land of Israel and beyond and includes The Shrine of book, home to the biblical parchments known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. Take a trip to Yad Vashem, The World Holocaust Remembrance Center. There's also the 9/11 Memorial Plaza and the Gardens of Gethsemane. Here you’ll find a quiet space to rest, meditate or pray. Take time to enjoy your last dining experience of Israel. Sample some street food or dine at an award-winning restaurant. Just make sure you get your hands on some local dishes - the food here is exquisite!
DAY 10: End of tour
Your tour of Israel and Jordan has come to an end. Checkout at the hotel is at 10am. Feel free to take your time to explore the many marvels of Jerusalem before you head home. We can highly recommend the Tower of David, Yad Vashem and the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo. Safe travels! We hope to see you again soon.
- 8 nights hotel accommodation (twin share with private en-suite facilities) and 1 night camping (twin share with shared bathroom). Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room
- Services of a local representative throughout the trip
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Private air-conditioned transport
- 18 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Not Included: Entrance fees as part of the listed experiences. Check the Optional Excursions here for more information.
- Not Included: Visas and border fees. Check the Pre-departure Information here for more information.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Wadi Rum
- Dead Sea (entrance fee)
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get early bird rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
Certain nationalities may require an Israeli and/or Jordanian visa for this tour. Please see our pre-departure information for more details. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassies to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide support documentation upon request, please contact us for more information.
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of the activities and meals that are included in the tour cost, and those that are optional/extra. We would recommend budgeting 20-40 USD per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts in Tel Aviv and finishes in Jerusalem. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have at least two blank pages as visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.