Please note: We are not the operator of this tour, but an agent. This will also reflect as such in your purchase receipt. Please refer to our terms & conditions should you require more information.
Our tour through Israel & Jordan explores both famous ancient sites and modern attractions. Passionate locals show us their countries from a unique point of view. This includes the striking cities of Tel Aviv, Jaffa and Jerusalem. We show you the highlights, fuel you with the best local foods and then give you plenty of time to explore by yourself. We visit the Mount of Olives, discover the Old City of Jerusalem and the pilgrimage sites around Bethlehem. You will also encounter the Jordan River Valley, Jerash and Mount Nebo. Visit Petra, one of the 7 New Wonders of the World and sleep at a Bedouin campsite! Then go on a desert safari, visit Jericho, see a real oasis and the Dead Sea. Not to mention the Caesarea, the Bahá’í Gardens and Akko! This Middle Eastern tour truly has it all.
Like all Expat Explore vacation packages, this itinerary is a guaranteed departure. We use modern, air-conditioned private transport, and include free wifi at each hotel so you can stay connected and share all your incredible photos and memories with your friends and family while on your Israel and Jordan tour!
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $80.00 required and no booking fees.
- Modern air-conditioned coach transport.
- Experienced and passionate guides.
- High quality accommodation.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
DAY 1: Arrive in Tel Aviv
Today is the first day of your Israel and Jordan tour! Arrive in Tel Aviv and check in to your hotel. The rest of the day is set aside to explore the city by yourself. Tel Aviv has many beautiful beaches and great architectural sites to discover. There are also lots of little cafes where you can sit, enjoy a coffee and watch the city go by. This evening you'll have the option of joining your tour representative on an outing to experience Tel Aviv's famous nightlife. Toast your arrival in Israel with the rest of the group and see some of the city's after-hours hot spots!
DAY 2: Jaffa - Tel Aviv - Free Afternoon
This morning we start with a walking tour of Jaffa, the ancient port city that inspired the biblical story of 'Jonah and the Whale'. We explore the beautifully restored old city from which modern Tel Aviv developed. Then we wander through the famous flea market that is one of the city's most vibrant neighbourhoods. At lunchtime we take you to one of the best hummus restaurants in Tel Aviv, where you'll have the opportunity to enjoy this popular Middle-Eastern dish. This afternoon we'll suggest a few self-guided walks through the city and leave you with some free time to discover more of Tel Aviv on foot. Get a little lost and see a bit of true Israeli life up close!
DAY 3: Tel Aviv - Jerusalem - Bethlehem - Jerusalem
We wake up early to travel through the striking Judean Hills on our way to Jerusalem. At the Mount of Olives we stop to view the City of Gold from above and visit the Church of all Nations. Next up is the Old City of Jerusalem, which has more holy sites than any other square kilometre in the world. We visit the Wailing Wall, Mount Zion, the Via Dolorosa & more. Our next stop is Bethlehem, where we visit the Church of Nativity and see the famous Shepherd's' Fields. This evening we discover the Machane Yehuda Market back in Jerusalem.
DAY 4: Jerash - Mount Nebo - Madaba - Petra
Today is a busy day! We drive through the Jordan River Valley and cross into Jordan, where we meet our local guide. We tour the city of Jerash - one of the biggest Middle Eastern cities that dates back to Roman times. On our way to Mount Nebo, the spot from where Moses first saw the Holy Land, we pass by the capital of Amman and hear more about the country's culture and history. At Madaba we visit the famous Byzantine Mosaics, before continuing to Petra, where we stay the night.
DAY 5: Petra - Wadi Rum
Today we take the full day to explore Petra, Jordan's most famous archaeological site and one of UNESCO's 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. We discover the many tombs and temples carved into the sandstone cliffs, and visit the imposing 45m-high Al Khazneh with its impressive Greek facade. Your guide will show you all the main highlights of the site and there will be plenty of time for personal exploration. Afterwards, we transfer to Wadi Rum where we overnight at a Bedouin campsite!
DAY 6: Wadi Rum - Aqaba - Eilat
Get ready for an action-packed day! After breakfast we leave on a desert jeep safari with local Bedouin guides who escort us through the breathtaking lunar landscape where many Hollywood movies are filmed. After a short break back at camp, we drive to the port city of Aqaba, where we enjoy a walking tour and explore the city's markets. We cross the border back into Israel at Arava, and continue to Eilat. Tonight we stay over in Eilat and discover the nightlife on the shores of the Red Sea.
DAY 7: Eilat - Free day
Today you have the entire day to discover the many marvels of Eilat at your own pace. Explore the Red Sea Beaches, go diving and visit Dolphin Reef. Or head to Timna Park and the Underwater Observatory! Maybe you want to tour the city on foot and do a little shopping? This evening we head out into the desert for a bonfire experience. Guests have the option to head back to the hotel or spend the night under the stars at the Avara Desert camp.
DAY 8: Mount Masada - Ein Gedi - Dead Sea - Jericho - Qasr el Yehud - Jerusalem
Get ready for a jam-packed day! We drive through the Arava Valley of the Negev Desert to Mount Masada. Here we watch the sun rise over the Dead Sea and Moab Mountains of Jordan. We take time to tour the site and visit the ruins of King Herod's Palace. Next, we drive to the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve to explore this beautiful desert oasis. The rest of the day is spent relaxing in the healing waters of the Dead Sea - a salt lake that is also the lowest point on land in the world and where swimming is similar to floating - and visiting Jericho. You'll also have the chance to visit Qasr el Yehud, the famous site on the banks of the Jordan River where Jesus was baptised by John the Baptist, before we return to Jerusalem.
DAY 9: Caesarea - Haifa - Akko - Rosh Hanikra - Jerusalem
On our last full day of tour, we visit no less than four of Israel's most famous travel destinations. Heading north to the western coastline, we first stop to explore Caesarea, King Herod's renowned port on the Mediterranean. In Haifa we discover the Bahá’í Gardens with its intricate terraced layout along the northern slope of Mount Carmel; and in the Crusader city of Akko we walk through the markets. Finally, we stop over on the northern border to see the grottoes at Rosh Hanikra. We spend our final evening in Jerusalem.
DAY 10: End of tour
Your tour of Israel and Jordan has come to an end. Checkout at the hotel is at 11am, but feel free to take your time to explore the many marvels of Jerusalem before you head home. We can highly recommend the Tower of David, Yad Vashem and the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo. Safe travels! We hope to see you again soon.
- 8 nights hotel accommodation (twin share with private en-suite facilities) and 1 night camping (twin share with shared bathroom). Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room
- Services of a local representative throughout the trip
- 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Private air-conditioned transport
- 24 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Not Included: Entrance fees as part of the listed experiences. Check the Optional Excursions here for more information.
- Not Included: Visas and border fees. Check the Pre-departure Information here for more information.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Mount Nebo
- Wadi Rum
- Ein Gedi
- Rosh Hanikra
- Tel Aviv Nightlife Tour
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get early bird rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
Certain nationalities may require an Israeli and/or Jordanian visa for this tour. Please see our pre-departure information for more details. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassies to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide support documentation upon request, please contact us for more information.
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of the activities and meals that are included in the tour cost, and those that are optional/extra. We would recommend budgeting 20-40 USD per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts in Tel Aviv and finishes in Jerusalem. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have at least two blank pages as visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.