Israel & Jordan Christmas tour
Please note: We are not the operator of this tour, but an agent. This will also reflect as such in your purchase receipt. Please refer to our terms & conditions should you require more information.
The Israel & Jordan Christmas tour explores all the iconic cities and sights of the Holy Land - complete with the festivities and lights!
See the cities of Tel Aviv and Amman embellished with Christmas trees and twinkling lights. Meander through the sites of ancient Jaffa and the holy city of Bethlehem. Gain insight and knowledge from local guides as they take you through some of the most historic sights, including Jerusalem and Petra. Celebrate with food as you are treated to delicious local dishes like hummus, aubergine with baba ganoush and falafel!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend Christmas in a Bedouin Camp in the Wadi Rum desert! Float in the Dead Sea and relax as you lounge at the Red Sea resort in Eilat. Wander through the bucket-list pilgrimage sites of Mount of Olives and Nazareth. Israel and Jordan have it all - religious significance, culture, tradition and beauty. And when you add the Christmas festivities you’ve got the perfect Middle-Eastern Christmas tour!
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $80.00 required and no booking fees.
- Modern air-conditioned coach transport.
- High quality accommodation.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
DAY 1: Arrive in Tel Aviv
Welcome to the Middle East and Tel Aviv, the buzzing and vibrant city on Israel’s Mediterranean coast! Once you’ve checked into your hotel, the rest of the day is yours to explore the city. Marvel at the architectural sites, or sit back and relax at one of the little cafés that Tel Aviv is known for. At night, the city will come to life with twinkling Christmas lights and nightlife.
DAY 2: Jesus' Baptism Site - Mount Masada - Eilat
After breakfast we head to the banks of the Jordan River Valley to Qasr el Yehud, the site where Jesus was baptised by John the Baptist. Leaving the religious site behind we drive through the Judean Desert, to Mount Masada. Enjoy the views of the Dead Sea below, and the panorama of the Moab Mountains in Jordan. We’ll spend the night in Eilat, where you can delight with an included dinner of local dishes at a traditional kibbutz - a true Israeli experience!
DAY 3: Eilat - Free day
It’s Christmas Eve and you get to enjoy it on the shores of the Red Sea! Walk along the beach or go diving in the clear blue waters. Timna Park and Dolphin Reef are also perfect ways to pass the time before celebrating tonight. The Underwater Observatory is also an unforgettable experience! Keen to explore further afield? Head to the Red Canyon hiking trails to explore the mesmerising red rock canyons. There are trails for every fitness level.
DAY 4: Aqaba - Wadi Rum
It’s Christmas Day and we’re heading to Jordan and it’s incredible natural landscapes! The first stop is the port city of Aqaba, famous for its bustling Arab marketplace, or ‘souk’ as its locally known. It’s the ideal place to buy some festive souvenirs. Get ready for the highlight of the day as we jeep safari into the Wadi Rum desert. The local Bedouin drivers will show us the epic lunar landscape where movies like “The Martian” were filmed. Tonight we stay in a Bedouin camp - settle down to a dinner of traditional Bedouin and Jordanian dishes and celebrate Christmas together around a campfire under the stars.
DAY 5: Petra - Dead Sea - Amman
Set off on an adventure to explore the ancient site of Petra, known as Jordan’s most popular archaeological site. Petra is also one of UNESCO’s 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. Its fame reached new heights when it was featured in the movie Indiana Jones. We’ll discover the many tombs and temples carved into the pink sandstone cliffs, including the star attraction, The Treasury (Al Khazneh). We’ll sit down to a traditional lunch before we travel on to the Dead Sea. With the high content of salt, the Dead Sea gives swimmers the feeling of weightlessness and you can even lie back and read a book! This evening we’ll have free time to explore the capital, Amman, our overnight destination.
DAY 6: Jerash - Sea of Galilee & Capernaum - Nazareth/Tiberias
Jerash dates back to the Roman times and is one of the largest archaeological sites in the Middle East. We enjoy a local lunch in this historic place, before crossing over to Israel and visiting the Sea of Galilee. A highlight of our Christmas tour, this freshwater lake is an important pilgrimage site for Christians. Capernaum is our next destination, this fishing village is believed to be the site where Jesus performed his Biblical miracles. We then overnight in Nazareth or Tiberias.
DAY 7: Nazareth - Caesarea - Tel Aviv - Jaffa Port - Jerusalem
First up today is Nazareth, the city said to be the childhood home of Jesus. The city is famous for its religious significance and for the numerous architectural sites. Then, we head to the coastline and the beautiful port town of Caesarea. This was built as an important port on the Mediterranean coast by King Herod, and later became the capital of the Roman Judea province. We highly recommend that you make your way to the Caesarea amphitheatre. It’s one of the oldest in the eastern Mediterranean! This afternoon we’ll take a city tour to explore urban Tel Aviv and Jaffa, the ancient port city that inspired the biblical story of 'Jonah and the Whale'. This evening we overnight in Jerusalem.
DAY 8: Bethlehem - Mount of Olives - Jerusalem
Start the day in Bethlehem, with a guided tour of the city where Christians believe the Nativity of Jesus took place and the Christmas story began. Top sites include the Church of Nativity and the beautiful Shepherds’ Fields. Catch a glimpse of the Banksy wall on the Israeli West Bank Barrier. View the City of Gold from the Mount of Olives and wander through the Church of All Nations. Onwards to the Old City of Jerusalem, a destination that is home to more religious sites than any other square kilometre in the world! Visit the Wailing Wall, Mount Zion, Via Dolorosa and even more! End the day back in Jerusalem, where you’ll have the evening free - we recommend visiting the Yehuda Market. Look for some of the Christmas time delights like Mamoul cookies (butter cookies) or Ghraybeh, Middle Eastern sweet shortbread.
DAY 9: Jerusalem - Free day
A free day to take your time to explore! Jerusalem has been described as one of the most spiritually intense destinations in the world. It's a holy land for Christians, Muslims and Jews alike. After spending time in the old city yesterday, you can head out to some of the other big attractions today. The Israel Museum is a must-see and is one of the top archaeological and art institutions in the world! We also recommend Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center, the 9/11 Memorial Plaza and Gardens of Gethsemane. Of course the iconic Tower of David is also well worth a visit.
DAY 10: End of tour
Your tour of Israel and Jordan has come to an end. After breakfast we say our farewells! We hope this has been one of the most memorable Christmas’ yet!
- 8 nights hotel accommodation (twin share with private en-suite facilities) and 1 night camping (twin share with shared bathroom). Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room
- Services of a local representative throughout the trip
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Private air-conditioned transport
- 22 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Not Included: Visas and border fees. Check the Pre-departure Information here for more information
Please note that entrance fees for the following experiences on this tour are not included in the tour price. Please keep them in mind as you budget for your trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Bedouin camp tent upgrade
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get early bird rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
Certain nationalities may require an Israeli and/or Jordanian visa for this tour. Please see our pre-departure information for more details. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassies to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide support documentation upon request, please contact us for more information.
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of the activities and meals that are included in the tour cost, and those that are optional/extra. We would recommend budgeting 20-40 USD per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts in Tel Aviv and finishes in Jerusalem. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have at least two blank pages as visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.