Have a very merry Christmas and New Year’s Eve fun on this Great Britain and Ireland tour! Travel through England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland and Scotland to see the highlights and enjoy the festive holidays in just under two weeks.
On our festive Christmas tours, travellers will get to see bucket-list sites, explore charming towns and experience warm British and Irish hospitality during the festive season. Highlights of this Christmas in Ireland and British New Year vacation include the best places to go between Christmas and New Year in the UK. You will get to:
- Celebrate Christmas in Dublin! Enjoy all things merry while in Ireland for Christmas! You will be free to explore Dublin as you wish and enjoy a delicious Irish Christmas lunch.
- Marvel at the Hogmanay celebrations in Edinburgh! The city plays host to world-famous New Year's Eve celebrations (known as Hogmanay). Ring in the new year in the UK with street parties, fireworks and jolly vibes!
- See the breathtaking Giant’s Causeway, which is an impressive landmark made up of over 40,000 basalt columns and shrouded in myth and legend!
- Grab your chance to visit the mysterious Stonehenge on an optional excursion.
- Admire the natural beauty of the Cliffs of Moher, the English Lake District, Glen Coe and the Scottish Highlands.
- Get your fix of fantastic Irish destinations that are some of the best places to visit in Ireland at Christmas, including Blarney Castle, Galway, Derry, Adare, which is Ireland's prettiest village, and Waterford - which is the oldest city in Ireland.
- Embark on a locally guided driving tour of Belfast to learn more about the city's tumultuous past.
- Enjoy unique Irish and Scottish traditions; watch an Irish music show in Dublin and enjoy a whisky tasting in one of Scotland’s oldest distilleries.
- Enjoy the options to visit Shakespeare’s House in Stratford-upon-Avon and the Beatles Museum in Liverpool.
Is this the right tour for me?
What kind of accommodation will I be staying in?
The Expat Explore team selects quality hotels and travellers will share twin rooms with someone of the same gender. Anyone who would prefer their own space can pay for a single room supplement.
What should I pack for Christmas in UK?
The temperatures drop during winter in Great Britain and Ireland so be sure to pack warm clothes! Layer up with coats, sweaters/jerseys, beanies and scarves. It may be chilly while walking around outside but most indoor venues have heating.
What is the main mode of transportation?
You will travel comfortably by coach.
Wondering “where to vacation between Christmas and New Years?
This tour covers it all in England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland. See historic towns, bucket-list sights, natural wonders and enjoy the festive atmosphere!
Travel tip: For a different way to experience Scotland, jump aboard our Scotland Express rail tour!
If you’re looking for exciting, fun and affordable UK holidays over the festive season, look no further! The tour price includes accommodation, transport, fun activities and most meals. It’s the best way to experience a Great Britain Christmas vacation and New year celebrations!