Best of Greece
Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
Explore the spectacular country of Greece and its ancient legends and island treasures! Over 12 days you will set foot in the ancient destinations like Athens, Meteora, Delphi and Olympia. Discover mysterious sights like the Panathenaic Stadium (the world's first olympic stadium), Hadrian’s Arch, the temple of Olympian Zeus and the Acropolis. Round it up with six nights on the islands of Santorini and Mykonos. Take your time to hike, swim, chase the sunset and feast on the best Greek seafood. Or even set sail and hop from one island to the next. What could be better than the ocean breeze, salty air, beachy islands and extreme relaxation?
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
- Pay the remaining balance off in instalments.
- Services of your Expat Explore tour leader.
- FREE Wi-Fi in hotels.
- No minimum numbers required.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Athens, 15:00-17:00 hrs
Athens, 12:00 hrs
DAY 1: Arrive in Athens
Welcome to Greece! Upon arrival, make your own way the hotel for the start of the tour (airport transfers available at extra cost, please contact us for details). This evening we will enjoy an included dinner at a local restaurant in Thissio, a historical neighbourhood of Athens close to the Acropolis.
DAY 2: Athens - Thermopylae - Kalambaka
Enjoy a slower start as we depart from Athens this morning. On the way to Kalambaka, stop at Thermopylae to admire the statue of Leonidas, King of Sparta. This location is famous around the world as the scene of the battle of Thermopylae between the Greek and Persian forces in 480 BC. Next, we travel on to Kalambaka, an excellent base from which to visit the famous Meteora landscapes and monasteries. Upon arrival, visit a Byzantine art workshop to see how locals create exquisite works of Christian Greek art. Then head to tonight’s hotel accommodation and take some free time to settle in. Finish the day with a mesmerising sunset drive of the Meteora hills and catch panoramic views of the monolithic pillars and hills with its celebrated cliff top monasteries. It’s truly any photographer’s dream. Enjoy traditional Greek food for dinner this evening.
DAY 3: Kalambaka - Meteora (optional) - Delphi
Spend free time in Kalambaka this morning, exploring as you wish. Or join an optional guided tour of the hills of Meteora. This excursion will take you on a drive through the hills and giant cliffs of Meteora, with scheduled visits and free time to explore cliff-top monasteries. This afternoon we cross the mountains for central Greece and Delphi. After a short orientation tour with your tour leader, the evening is yours to spend at leisure.
DAY 4: Delphi - Trizonia island - Olympia
This morning allows free time in Delphi. Explore as you please, or join in on the optional excursion to discover Delphi with a local guide as you admire the Sanctuary of Apollo, the Treasury of the Athenians and visit the famous museum of Delphi. Then drive along the Coast of Corinth and take a short ferry to the colourful Greek island of Trizonia. The last of its kind, this island is only 2,5 km² big with almost no cars. Soak up the culture, tastes, sights and sounds, and experience how life here has remained the same for centuries. You have the choice to join an optional lunch at a local eatery on the island, or explore as you wish. After the ferry ride back to Glyfada, we drive on to ancient Olympia. This was the home of the original Olympic Games, which originated in 776 BC. Tonight you can spend time at your leisure, or choose to join a Greek evening of traditional food and dance. The perfect way to end an eventful day!
DAY 5: Olympia - Mycenae - Nafplion
This morning’s activities include a locally-guided tour of the Olympia ancient site. Next, we cross the mountains of Peloponnese to arrive at Mycenae for our visit to the tomb of Agamemnon and the famous Lion’s Gate. It’s not only one of the most important archeological sites in Greece, but is also the place where many of the ancient Greek myths have their origin. Tour the grounds with an expert guide and have an included lunch before making your way to the picturesque town of Nafplion. Nafplion is the first capital of modern Greece, the skyline of which is dominated by Palamidi castle. Settle into your hotel upon arrival and spend the rest of the evening at your leisure, or join an optional evening tour to Epidaurus and see the ancient theatre.
DAY 6: Corinth Canal - Athens city tour - Acropolis (optional) - Mykonos
Depart for Athens from Nafplion and take a short stop along the way for a photo stop at the Corinth Canal. Once you arrive in Athens, embark on a city tour with an expert local guide. See top attractions like the Academy, National Library, Greek parliament, Panathinaikos marble stadium, Hadrian’s Arch, and the temple of Olympian Zeus. The tour will end at the museum of the Acropolis where you will have the option to join a guided tour of the Acropolis site. During this optional excursion you will continue on foot to the sacred rock of Acropolis, visiting the Propylaea, the Erechtheion, the temple of Athena Nike and the Parthenon. After the tour, walk along Apostolou Pavlou street towards the Plaka neighbourhood for an included lunch at a local restaurant. Later on, transfer to the port to catch the local ferry to Mykonos. Upon arrival in Mykonos, settle in at your hotel room and enjoy a relaxing evening.
DAY 7: Mykonos - Free day
Day at leisure to explore the magnificent island of Mykonos with its unique sandy beaches on your own.
DAY 8: Mykonos - Free day
Another day at leisure to soak up some sun, explore the bustling town of Mykonos or enjoy the facilities of your hotel. Alternatively, follow our suggested optional excursion to ancient Delos.
DAY 9: Mykonos - Santorini
Morning at leisure until the time to transfer to the port to catch the local ferry to Santorini. Arrive in Santorini and transfer to our hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
DAY 10: Santorini - Free day
Day at leisure to explore this unique island on your own.
DAY 11: Santorini - Free day
Another day at leisure for you to explore this unique island. Alternatively, you can follow our optional boat excursion to the caldera islands. We will visit the volcano, the hot springs, little Thirassia island and we will end at Amoudi bay, the little port of Oia. We will climb up to Oia village and admire one of the best sunsets in the Aegean. Later, we will be transferred back to our hotel.
DAY 12: Return to Athens
Early in the morning we will be transferred to the airport of Santorini to catch a local flight back to Athens. This flight is with Aegean airlines and is included within the cost of the tour package. Arrival at Athens airport brings your tour to a conclusion.
- 11 nights' 2 and 3-star hotel accommodation in twin-share rooms. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 11 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Air-conditioned coach
- 9 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Ferry transportation: Athens-Mykonos & Mykonos-Santorini
- Internal flight: Santorini-Athens
- Not Included: International flights
Please note that entrance fees for the following experiences on this tour are not included in the tour price. Please keep them in mind as you budget for your trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Delos Tour
- Caldera Islands
- Greek Dinner & Traditional Dancing
- Ano Mera & Island tour
- South Coast Boat Trip
- Island tour
- Monasteries of Meteora
- Trizonia Lunch
- Delphi museum and ancient site tour
- Guided tour of Epidaurus
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in Athens. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on the tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).
Should I tip the tour leader and driver, and if so, how much?
The tour I want is unavailable, what does this mean?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What happens if I forget or lose my passport?
What happens if my visa gets rejected?
What is included in the tour price?
What is the average age of your groups?
What kind of accommodation do you use on your tours?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
What time does each day start on tour?
Where does my tour depart from?
Who will be my tour leader?
Will I get confirmation of my payment?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A