Best of Greece
Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
Explore the spectacular country of Greece and its ancient legends and island treasures! Discover ancient Athens, Meteora, Delphi, Olympia, Mycenae, Nafplion and many more. Set foot in the Panathenaic Stadium (the world's first olympic stadium), Hadrian’s Arch, the temple of Olympian Zeus and the Acropolis. Round it up with six nights on the islands of Santorini and Mykonos. Take your time to hike, swim, chase the sunset and feast on the best Greek seafood. Or even set sail and hop from one island to the next. What could be better than the ocean breeze, salty air, beachy islands and extreme relaxation?
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- No minimum numbers required.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
- Modern air-conditioned coaches.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Athens, 15:00-17:00 hrs
Athens, 12:00 hrs
DAY 1: Arrive in Athens
Welcome to Greece! Upon arrival, make your own way the hotel for the start of the tour (airport transfers available at extra cost, please contact us for details). This evening we will enjoy an included dinner at a local restaurant in Thissio, a historical neighbourhood of Athens close to the Acropolis.
DAY 2: Thermopylae - Meteora - Kalambaka
It’s an early start this morning as we head north. On our way, we will stop at Thermopylae to admire the statue of Leonidas, King of Sparta. We'll then drive on to Meteora, where we will see amazing rock formations, like towers of sandstone, stand ageless, and have provided sacred retreat for monks over the centuries. A number of monasteries are hidden on top of Meteora and today you will have the option to visit one or two. The view over the plain is breathtaking and Meteora is considered among the most beautiful areas of mainland Greece and belongs to UNESCO’s list of world heritage monuments. After our visit, we travel to Kalambaka, where we will check into our hotel and enjoy an included dinner at the hotel.
DAY 3: Kalambaka - Delphi
After breakfast, we depart and cross the mountains for central Greece, arriving in Delphi, we will check-in to our hotel and make our way out again, heading straight for our visit to the ancient site of Delphi and museum. In antiquity, Delphi was considered the “omphalos” (navel) of the earth, and the place where people from around the world would visit in order to receive an “oracle” from “Pythia”. We will admire the Sanctuary of Apollo, the Treasury of the Athenians and we will also visit the museum of Delphi with the famous bronze statue of the Charioteer. The evening is yours to spend at leisure, with an included dinner at the hotel.
DAY 4: Delphi - Olympia
We leave Delphi behind this morning and head south towards the Peloponnese peninsula. The road will lead through Itea and Nafpaktos to the impressive Rio-Antirio bridge. Crossing over the bridge, we will arrive at the little village of ancient Olympia, Built on the banks of the River Alfios, Olympia is beautiful, green, and placid; it was the home of the original Olympic Games, which began in 776 BC. Before checking into our hotel we will stop for some Olive Oil tasting. Did you know Greece is the third largest producer of olive oil, but its consumption is the highest? After checking in, we will enjoy a tour through the remains of the Ancient Olympia Complex, including the Temple of Zeus, the Palaestra, and Phidias’s Workshop. Later, we will be visiting the Olympia Archaeological Museum, one of the richest museums in Greece.
DAY 5: Mycenae - Nafplion - Epidaurus - Corinth canal - Athens
This morning we will cross the mountains of Peloponnese to arrive at Mycenae for our visit to the tomb of Agamemnon and the famous Lion’s gate. Our day continues to the picturesque town of Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece, dominated by Palamidi castle. We will have some free time for lunch, and to explore the picturesque narrow streets with the neoclassical buildings, and walk on the sea-front promenade with the amazing views to the fortified Bourtzi islet guarding the entrance of the port of Nafplion. We'll then travel on to Epidaurus, the most important healing center in antiquity, and famous for its theater, the best preserved in Greece, with is incomparable acoustics. We then travel back to Athens, with a short stop along the way to admire the Corinth Canal.
DAY 6: Athens city tour - Mykonos
After breakfast we'll take a panoramic tour of Athens. We will see the Academy, the National library, the Greek parliament and the tomb of Unknown Soldier guarded by the Evzones, the Panathinaikon marble stadium where the first modern Olympics took place, Hadrian’s Arch, the temple of Olympian Zeus, and other monuments and landmarks of the city. Our panoramic tour will end at the museum of the Acropolis where you will have the option to join a guided tour of the Acropolis site and Acropolis Museum, considered one of the best museums in Europe. During this optional excursion you will continue on foot to the sacred rock of Acropolis, visiting the Propylae, the Erechtheion, the temple of Athena Nike and the Parthenon. After the optional we will walk along Apostolou Pavlou street towards the Plaka neighbourhood for an included lunch at a local restaurant. Later on, we will transfer to the port to catch the local ferry to Mykonos. On arrival in Mykonos we will transfer to the hotel and enjoy a relaxing evening.
DAY 7: Mykonos - Free day
Day at leisure to explore the magnificent island of Mykonos with its unique sandy beaches on your own.
DAY 8: Mykonos - Free day
Another day at leisure to soak up some sun, explore the bustling town of Mykonos or enjoy the facilities of your hotel. Alternatively, follow our suggested optional excursion to ancient Delos.
DAY 9: Mykonos - Santorini
Morning at leisure until the time to transfer to the port to catch the local ferry to Santorini. Arrive in Santorini and transfer to our hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
DAY 10: Santorini - Free day
Day at leisure to explore this unique island on your own.
DAY 11: Santorini - Free day
Another day at leisure for you to explore this unique island. Alternatively, you can follow our optional boat excursion to the caldera islands. We will visit the volcano, the hot springs, little Thirassia island and we will end at Amoudi bay, the little port of Oia. We will climb up to Oia village and admire one of the best sunsets in the Aegean. Later, we will be transferred back to our hotel.
DAY 12: Return to Athens
Early in the morning we will be transferred to the airport of Santorini to catch a local flight back to Athens. This flight is with Aegean airlines and is included within the cost of the tour package. Arrival at Athens airport brings your tour to a conclusion.
- 11 nights' 2 and 3-star hotel accommodation in twin-share rooms. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 11 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Air-conditioned coach
- 9 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Ferry transportation: Athens-Mykonos & Mykonos-Santorini
- Internal flight: Santorini-Athens
- Not Included: International flights
Please note that entrance fees for the following experiences on this tour are not included in the tour price. Please keep them in mind as you budget for your trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Delos Tour
- Caldera Islands
- Greek Dinner & Traditional Dancing
- Ano Mera & Island tour
- South Coast Boat Trip
- Island tour
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in Athens. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on the tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).
Should I tip the tour leader and driver, and if so, how much?
The tour I want is unavailable, what does this mean?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What happens if I forget or lose my passport?
What happens if my visa gets rejected?
What is included in the tour price?
What is the average age of your groups?
What kind of accommodation do you use on your tours?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
What time does each day start on tour?
Where does my tour depart from?
Who will be my tour leader?
Will I get confirmation of my payment?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A