Join us for our 8 day European Vistas tour, where we will introduce you to some of the best holiday destinations across Europe.
Couples, families and singles are all invited to join the fun on this exciting coach adventure. Amsterdam, the Rhine Valley, Venice, Verona, Lucerne, Burgundy, Paris and other summer and winter holidays hotspots are all included in this unforgettable tour.
With clean and comfortable hotels, modern air-conditioned coach transportation and experienced tour leaders, Expat Explore tours are the ideal way to explore this incredible continent. With all the organisation taken care of, you can really enjoy your vacation as you explore all the must see destinations on offer.
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- No minimum numbers required.
- FREE Wi-Fi in hotels.
- Massive early bird savings
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $80.00 required and no booking fees.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
DAY 1: Amsterdam
Welcome to the start of your tour! Arriving in Amsterdam, you'll meet your tour leader at the hotel. Once you've settled in, we'll head in to the centre of Amsterdam to experience the wonders of this fascinating city with an Amsterdam canal dinner cruise. Get on board and have those cameras at the ready – this is the best way to be introduced to Amsterdam, a city of beautiful 17th Century architecture, and a charm all its own. Watch the city drift past as you sail by, and listen out for tips and interesting insights into the city from your tour leader. The evening is yours free to explore the canals some more, head to Dam Square, and maybe even wander through Amsterdam's iconic Red Light District!
DAY 2: Amsterdam - Rhine Valley
This morning, we’ll take a look at a cheese-making demonstration, revealing how cheese has been made in the traditional way in these parts for many years. Following that, we’ll learn about that most quirky of Dutch footwear choices – the clog – and see how these traditional shoes are carved. Stopping off at a windmill for a photo stop, you’ll be able to appreciate the iconic scenery of the Netherlands. If the season is right, look out for flowers in the fields! Continuing on to the Rhine Valley, we’ll board a Rhine Valley river boat and cruise the Rhine River. With the highest concentration of medieval castles in all of Europe, this is a memorable trip, especially with all the vineyards, cliff faces and medieval German towns! Once the cruise is over we'll visit a local wine merchants for an included wine tasting - if the harvest has been good, you may even get to try eiswein (ice wine), a very sweet dessert wine that is produced in very small quantities as it can only be harvested when the temperature drops below freezing.
DAY 3: Rhine Valley - Innsbruck
Today, we're off to Innsbruck, Austria, taking a comfort stop in Ulm on the way. This historic German city is famous not only as the birthplace of Albert Einstein, but also for having the tallest church steeple in the world! Innsbruck is one of the few places in the world that really can lay claim to having something for everyone. It's not everywhere that offers extreme sports (thanks to the close proximity of the soaring Nordkette Alps), fascinating historical heritage (courtesy of the legacy of the Habsburgs), and vibrant modern attractions too. Your tour leader will introduce you to the city on a quick orientation tour, and then give you free time to explore further. This evening, you can join the optional Tyrol folk evening and dinner.
DAY 4: Innsbruck - Verona - Venice
Leaving Innsbruck behind us, we journey onward to the enchanting city of Venice, stopping along the way in Verona. The setting for the most famous love story of all time, Romeo & Juliet, one can seek out the balcony where Romeo reportedly wooed his lover. The timeless waterways and artistic masterpieces (more per square kilometre than anywhere else on earth) of Venice make it truly unique – this is a city that will capture your heart and imagination. Being Italian, there’s no shortage of incredible food and culture either! You’ll start your stay in Venice with an orientation tour; see St Mark's Square, the famous Rialto Bridge and the beautiful narrow alleyway. The evening is yours to explore this unforgettable city. If you wish to take part in the true Venice experience, your tour leader can organise a traditional gondola ride along the canals, as well as a water taxi!
DAY 5: Venice - Lucerne - Lake Lucerne
We're on our way back into Alpine territory once again today as we continue on to Lucerne. Renowned as one of Switzerland's most beautiful cities, this is one place you'll definitely want to have your camera at the ready! All the ingredients for the quintessentially picturesque Swiss experience are here - a cobalt lake and well-preserved old-town complete with waterfront promenades, covered bridges and perfect plazas is surrounded by the natural skyscrapers of the Swiss Alps. It's really no wonder that Goethe, Queen Victoria and Wagner savoured the stunning views that Lucerne has to offer. After a short orientation tour with your tour leader, you'll have some free time to explore at your leisure, before we jump back on the coach and drive to our wellness resort hotel in Weggis, on the shores of Lake Lucerne.
DAY 6: Lake Lucerne - Burgundy
Before we travel onward to Burgundy, you'll have the morning to enjoy more of the Lucerne region - why not join our Mount Pilatus optional excursion? Whether you take the world's steepest cogwheel railway from Alpnachstad or the panoramic gondolas and aerial cableway from Kriens, you will travel up through lush meadows carpeted with Alpine flowers, past sparkling mountain streams and fascinating rock faces - the Mount Pilatus optional truly offers that unique Alpine experience! We then leave Switzerland behind and head west into France. If Paris is the place for romance, then Burgundy is the place for two other things the French - and France - are well-known for: great food and wine. You will be staying in the capital of Burgundy, Dijon. A place of tremendous wealth and power and one of the great European centres of art, learning and science, there is plenty to do in Dijon. Beyond the food and wine, this is also the place to soak up history, with excellent museums and fabulous Renaissance architecture helping to make this one of the most memorable parts of the entire tour!
DAY 7: Burgundy - Paris
The city of lights is our next stop, as we take in the home of some of the world's most famous cultural landmarks, museums, galleries, boutiques and more. On arrival we'll take you on a driving tour of the French capital; get your cameras ready - you’ll be seeing some of the city’s most treasured landmarks, including the Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe! After the driving tour we'll take an included cruise along the River Seine, sailing passed sights including the Eiffel Tower and Louvre, and enjoying a traditional French baguette lunch onboard. The afternoon is then yours to explore the French capital further, with optional excursions available including the Montparnasse Observation Deck for incredible views of Paris, and a traditional cabaret show.
DAY 8: Brussels - Amsterdam
It's the last leg of our journey already! On our way back to the Dutch capital we stop in Brussels for a comfort stop and the chance to explore the Belgian capital. Sample typical Belgian fare (moules et frites, countless varieties of beer, and of course, that famous chocolate), or wander around. Perhaps grab some last-minute souvenirs for the folks back home? We will also take a photo stop at the incredible Atomium. Originally built for the 1958 World's Fair, this unique structure makes for a truly incredible selfie opportunity! After our comfort stop, we continue on to Amsterdam, where our tour officially ends. We hope you've enjoyed this whirlwind tour of Europe!
- 7 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 7 breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 4 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Modern air conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs, and toilet.
- 11 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Cabaret Show
- Montparnasse Observation Deck
- Panorama Cable Car/Cogwheel Railway to Mount Pilatus
- An Evening in Montmartre
- Tyrol Folk Evening & Dinner
- Venice Gondola Ride
- Cruise across Lake Lucerne
- Venice Water Taxi
- Montparnasse to Montmartre
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get early bird rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in Amsterdam. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Are transfers included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Can you tell me the name of the hotels I will be staying in?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on my tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much time will be spent on the coach?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is Europe a safe place to travel to?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).