Great Britain is one of the best places to celebrate the festive seasons! From historical sites decked out in decorations and the charming Christmas markets to the carolers filled with joy and delicious festive food fare! Celebrate Christmas in Britain on the Expat Explore Great Britain Christmas tour. Over one week, travel across England, Scotland and Wales to experience the top attractions and local charms of a number of fantastic destinations.
There are several exciting highlights on this Britain Christmas winter holiday, including:
- Make memories on Christmas Day in Edinburgh, as you enjoy a free day in Scotland’s capital city. Embark on a tour of the city and then spend the day as you wish; tour Christmas markets, stroll through the Old Town and New Town and enjoy tasty food! This is a great way to spend Christmas Day in Great Britain!
- Spend the night in the Scottish Highlands which are filled with quaint towns, historic monuments and breathtaking scenery. A must-see on a Great Britain Christmas holiday.
- Make your Christmas holiday in Great Britain unforgettable with an optional visit to the the mysterious Stonehenge!
- Visit the historic cities of Cambridge, York, Bath, and Cardiff and get to know the history and traditions from your tour leader. You’ll also enjoy stops in the quaint towns of Jedburgh and Gretna Green along the Scottish borders.
- Admire the beautiful scenery on drives through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, the English Lake District and the hauntingly beautiful Glen Coe. A Christmas tour in Great Britain would be incomplete without the scenery!
- Explore the hometowns of literature and cultural icons Shakespeare and The Beatles during visits to Stratford-upon-Avon and Liverpool.
- Tuck into classic British cuisine including a traditional Sunday Roast and a pub carvery lunch to complete your Great Britain Christmas vacation!
Is this the right tour for me?
What will the accommodation be like on tour?
Tour accommodation is twin-share rooms in hotels vetted by our expert team. You will be paired up with a traveller of the same gender and if you would prefer your own room, you are able to pay a single supplement.
How fit do I need to be for this tour?
There will be easy walks included on orientation tours of cities and towns. Nothing rigorous or intense.
What are the best places to visit in Britain?
With so many amazing destinations in England, Scotland and Wales, this one is difficult to narrow down! Stonehenge and Loch Ness are popular bucket-list destinations. Historic cities such as Cardiff and York are beautiful to visit. The whole trip is a treat for travellers!
What is the weather like on a UK Christmas tour?
It usually gets very cold in Great Britain during winter so be sure to pack accordingly! Wrap up warm in coats, scarves, beanies and gloves so you can explore destinations and stay cozy.
How busy is it at this time of year?
Great Britain is a popular winter destination so there are usually big crowds. However, the people help create a fantastic Christmas atmosphere! The tour itinerary has a great balance of quiter spots as well as top attractions.
Do I need cash for the Christmas markets?
It is always a good idea to carry a small amount of cash for small towns and Christmas markets. ATMs are available in all major cities and most towns.
Overall, this trip is a memorable way to enjoy Christmas and the festive season. Accommodation, transport, most meals and many activities are included in the price making it a fun and affordable way to enjoy a Great Britain Christmas vacation. Travel is the best gift so share this Christmas tour with your loved ones!