Italy is a dream travel destination. This diverse country is the complete package - stunning scenery, ancient history, world-famous art and culture scene, and, of course, the mouthwatering cuisine! If all of the above sounds ideal then Expat Explore’s Italian holiday packages are just the thing for you! This Italy Sicily tour features the highlights of Southern Italy including an incredible Sicily tour. The days are filled with excellent sightseeing, fun local activities and ample free time.
Start your Italian adventure in Rome and travel south. There are different options for tour endpoints: Palermo, Naples and Rome. You can select the destination that works best for you at no extra cost.
The tour features several highlights that showcase the variety of experiences on offer when touring Southern Italy:
- See Mount Vesuvius (the only active volcano on mainland Europe!) and explore the ruins of Pompeii with a local guide who will share insight into this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy an “evening in Roma” and tour Rome by night. Your tour leader will take you to iconic Rome attractions including the Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon - top sights on Italy vacations.
- See the Trulli Houses in Alberobello and admire these 14th-century traditional huts.
- Visit Matera which is famous for its extensive ancient cave-dwelling districts!
- Explore Sicily, Italy - the largest Mediterranean island located just off the tip of Italy’s “boot”. See Taormina, Cefalu, Syracuse and Palermo - all must-see destinations on Sicily vacations.
- Visit the Valley of the Temples. This archaeological site is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and illustrates Sicily’s ancient culture! It’s definitely a top site on Sicily tours.
- Three full free days in Sorrento, Taormina and Palermo are included on this Southern Italy and Sicily itinerary giving you ample time to discover Italy at your own pace.
Add a few more travel experiences to your Italy holiday with a variety of optional activities. From a tour of the Isle of Capri to a Mount Etna day trip!
Is this the right tour for me?
What will the accommodation be like?
Twin-share rooms in quality hotels will be used on these Southern Italy tours. Travellers will share with someone of the same gender. If you would prefer a private room, a single supplement is available to purchase.
How fit do I have to be to join this tour?
There are orientation tours and guided walking tours included on these Southern Italy escorted tours that travellers need to be able to comfortably complete. While the tours are not physically intense, comfortable walking shoes are a must. Travellers also need to be able to transfer their luggage from the coach to the hotel.
Will I feel safe in Southern Italy?
While Southern Italy & Sicily may have ties to mafia notoriety, the region is safe to visit. Normal traveller safety rules apply as they would in any major travel destination - keep valuables safe and keep an eye out for petty crimes like pickpocketing.
Get ready to experience the highlights of Southern Italy & Sicily over 10 days with Expat Explore! Look forward to an Italy holiday package that is fun, convenient and affordable!