Please note: We are not the operator of this tour, but an agent. This will also reflect as such in your purchase receipt. Please refer to our terms & conditions should you require more information.
Many consider Turkey to be one of the lesser-known jewels of the world. This 10-day Highlights of Turkey tour features all the must-see sights and landmarks. Local guides share all their stories and the country’s fascinating history.
This tour lets you immerse yourself in one of the most interesting cultures in the world. Have your cameras ready for ancient sites like Troy, Hierapolis and Ephesus. There are endless memories to be made. Let this tour take you from the bazaars, to the solemn battlefields of Gallipoli. Why not jump in a hot-air balloon and see the beauty of Cappadocia from above?
Enjoy the hot springs as you experience the ancient powers of the terraces in Pamukkale. Drink some black tea as you wander through this country of ancient empires and modern bazaars. Turkey is truly where the east meets the west! Jump aboard our Turkey tour and let the exploring begin.
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- No minimum numbers required.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
- Modern air-conditioned coaches.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
DAY 1: Arrive in Istanbul
Welcome to Istanbul and your first day of this magical trip around Turkey! Get settled at the hotel and then the day is yours to wander through this vibrant city. Catch a tram to the Grand Bazaar and get lost in the bustling market. In the Bazaar there is an “alley” for gold, leather, bowls and even tea. Want to escape the crowd? Sip on some black tea as you sit on a rooftop terrace in the busy city. Enjoy the views and the call to prayer from the mosques in the background.
DAY 2: Istanbul city tour
After breakfast we take you on a guided tour of Istanbul. Turkey is the only country to span over two continents! One side lies in Europe and the other, in Asia. On our tour we will see famous landmarks like the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia (Aya Sofya). Topkapi Palace and the Hippodrome also provide a glimpse into the past.
DAY 3: Gallipoli Battlefields - Canakkale
Today we visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli. This is one of the most emotionally-touching places in Turkey. The tour includes visits to the Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek and Johnston’s Jolly. The 25th of April is commemorated in Turkey each year as ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) day.
DAY 4: Troy - Pergamum - Kusadasi
This morning we take a step back in time as we visit Troy. This is the home of the famed Trojan Horse and the Trojan War. We also tour the magnificent acropolis of Pergamum. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamum a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
DAY 5: Ephesus - Kusadasi
Immerse yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre. Then we move to the former Greek village of Sirince, meaning ‘pleasant’. According to legend, it used to be called ‘Çirkince’ (‘ugly’) by freed Greek slaves so that others wouldn’t follow them there. Our final stop is at a carpet village. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey. We learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
DAY 6: Hierapolis - Pamukkale
This morning we will enjoy a display of local handcrafted leather goods. Then we make our way to one of the tour highlights - the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale! Take a dip among ancient columns in the hot springs that were used in Roman times for their therapeutic powers. We also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis and see the theatre and museum.
DAY 7: Silk Road - Konya - Cappadocia
Today we travel along the ancient Silk Road visiting Sultanhani Caravanserai. A caravanserai refers to a roadside inn where travelers used to rest. Follow in the footsteps of all the traders that came before! We also make a stop in Konya at the Mevlana museum along the way. This is home to the mausoleum of the famous poet, Rumi. Don’t miss out on the optional traditional Turkish folklore this evening!
DAY 8: Goreme Valley - Cappadocia
Marvel at the lunar landscape of Cappadocia through the Goreme Valley Open Air Museum. The museum is the first place travelers visit when going to Cappadocia. This array of rock-cut churches are bound to leave travellers awestruck. Why not jump in a hot-air balloon and see the fairy chimneys from above? Alternatively you could explore the many levels of an underground city.
DAY 9: Ankara - Istanbul
We make an early-morning departure to the nation’s capital, Ankara. Here, we visit Anitkabir, the mausoleum of the famed President Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. In 1923, Ataturk declared Ankara as the capital city of modern Turkey. This bustling capital is famous for its performing arts. After exploring our last stop on our Highlights of Turkey tour we head back to Istanbul.
DAY 10: End of tour
We enjoy our final Turkish breakfast together as our tour comes to an end. Remember to exchange details so you can swap all those photos and relive the magical memories!
- 9 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 9 breakfasts, 6 dinners
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Air-conditioned coach
- 13 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Transfers on first and last day
- Entrance fees
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Traditional Turkish Folklore Evening
- Bosphorus by Night
- Bosphorus by Public Ferry
- Prince's Islands by Public Ferry
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Turkish Bath
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
Most nationalities can purchase an e-visa in advance. Please double check here to confirm.
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) we will try to organise a triple room. If we are unable to then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in Istanbul. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Are transfers included in the tour price?
- Your arrival date, time, airline, flight number and airport
- Your departure date, time, airline, flight number and airport.
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on the tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).