Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
This 11-day tour will show you all the hidden gems and must-see marvels in Vietnam. Sail through the picture-perfect towering limestone islands of Ha Long Bay. Experience the hidden depths of the Cu Chi Tunnels. Wander through the bustling Cai Rang floating market. Taste the vibrant food, encounter the inspiring customs and immerse yourself in a fascinating culture that will leave you wanting more.
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required - pay the rest off in instalments.
- Modern air-conditioned coach transport.
- 2 included internal flights with transfers.
- High quality 3 & 4* hotel accommodation with free WiFi.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Hanoi, 15:00-17:00 hrs
Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon, 10:00 hrs
DAY 1: Arrive in Hanoi
You've arrived in Vietnam! Check in at your hotel and take some time to explore the bustling centre of Hanoi. There are plenty of stores and market stalls to peruse, and the city is also known for its nightlife and street food. Meet up with your tour leader and other travellers at the hotel in the afternoon.
DAY 2: Hanoi city tour
Your full-day sightseeing tour of Hanoi starts with a visit to the Ho Chi Minh Complex. This is current resting place of Ho Chi Minh, known as the father of modern-day Vietnam. Discover the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Presidential Palace and unusual Stilt House. The Temple of Literature will be your next stop. Constructed in 1070 in honour of Confucius, it served as the country's first university. Then it's onto the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology. Here, you can get an insider perspective on the lifestyles and customs of the 54 official ethnic groups that call Vietnam home. Hoan Kiem Lake and the island-bound Ngoc Son Temple will be the last stop for the day.
DAY 3: Hanoi - Ha Long Bay
Embark on a cruise to iconic Ha Long Bay. Enjoy a traditional lunch on board while cruising through the beautiful canals. The first stop in Halong Bay is Sung Sot Cave. Return to the ship to enjoy happy hour at sunset, and learn more about Vietnamese cuisine during a live cooking demonstration. Dinner is served aboard the ship, after which you can relax on the top deck, try your hand at squid fishing or watch an Indochina movie before turning in for the night.
Please note: Cruise itineraries and schedules are subject to change without pre-notice depending on the weather and operating conditions.
DAY 4: Cat Ba island - Hanoi - flight to Hue
Wake up in Ha Long Bay and start your day with a refreshing Tai Chi lesson on the sundeck. After breakfast, hop onto a bamboo boat with a local and explore Luon Cave. Enjoy lunch and visit the verdant Cát Bà Island, before embarking to Hanoi for a flight down to Hue.
DAY 5: Hue city tour
The city of Hue served as the centre of politics, culture and religion of unified Vietnam up until 1945. The famous 80 km-long Perfume River winds its way through the city centre. Cruising its length is a great way to see the city's main sights. This includes the well-known Thien Mu Pagoda, Imperial Citadel and the Royal Mausoleum of Emperor Tu Duc. The rest of the day is yours to explore Dong Ba Market at your leisure.
DAY 6: Hue - Da Nang - Hoi An
Hop aboard the coach for a scenic drive along the coast from Hue to Hoi An. Stop along the way to drink in the beauty of the Marble Mountains topped with striking pagodas on each summit. Disembark in Hoi An and take the afternoon to explore the lovely coastal city at your leisure.
DAY 7: Hoi An ancient town - Free afternoon
The ancient town of Hoi An boasts many historic sites. Encounter the Japanese Covered Bridge Pagoda and explore the pretty city streets. Visit the Sa Huynh Culture Museum to learn more about the innovative civilisation who established the port. See the Tran Family ancestral worship chapel in person. Learn about lantern-making up close and visit Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall, which honours die Goddess of the Sea. Take the afternoon to explore at your own pace.
DAY 8: Hoi An - Da Nang - flight to Can Tho
Enjoy free time to visit the beach or do a last bit of wandering around Hoi An before embarking to Da Nang Airport. Board a flight to Can Tho, in the Mekong Delta region. The city is home to vast canal networks and floating markets. Use your free time this afternoon to visit the iconic Binh Thuy Ancient House. The century-old home has some marvelous architectural idiosyncrasies.
DAY 9: Cai Rang floating market - Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon
Hop aboard a boat at the Ninh Kieu boat station. Cruise along the busy Can Tho waterway to Cai Rang floating market. This is the ideal place to shop for keepsakes and get some excellent photos. Next up, explore the lively An Binh indoor market. Then it's onto Rau Ram canal for a walking tour and a visit to a rice noodle workshop. Visit a Ba Cong tropical fruit garden where a local family will teach you about cultivation methods, before heading to Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon, where we will spend the night.
DAY 10: Cu Chi tunnels - Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon city tour
The Vietnam/American War played a large role in shaping the Vietnam we know today. Pay homage to this tumultuous history by visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels. These tunnels acted as the refuge of guerrilla fighters during the war. Explore Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon. Iconic sights include the Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office and the Presidential Palace. Wander the Ben Thanh Market and seek out souvenirs as dusk descends.
DAY 11: Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon: End of tour
Your Vietnamese tour has come to an end. Exchange contact details with your fellow travellers and enjoy your last day in Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon before you head home.
- 9 nights 3 & 4* hotel accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities, 1 night on board a ship in twin share cabins with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room and cabin.
- Services of an Expat Explore tour leader throughout the tour
- 10 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Modern air conditioned coach
- 34 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- All entrance fees as part of the included experiences
- 2 internal flights
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- To be confirmed
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
Certain nationalities may require a Vietnamese visa for this tour. Please see our pre-departure information for more details. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassy to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide support documentation upon request, please contact us for more information.
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of the activities and meals that are included in the tour cost, and those that are optional/extra. We would recommend budgeting 350,000-600,000 Vietnamese dong / 15-25 USD per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have some free time, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts in Hanoi, Vietnam and finishes in Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon, Vietnam. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have at least two blank pages as visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed on your tours?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Do I need a visa?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How much luggage can I bring?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What is the average age of your groups?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A