Every traveller should experience la dolce vita (the good life) and true Italian delight at least once in their lifetime and this Italy tour is your chance to do it! Join this 12-day tour of Italy to experience the country’s most stunning destinations.
Begin and end in Rome - the famous capital city that is home to ancient monuments and modern charms. Journey south to the Sorrento Peninsula and marvel at the incredible scenery before travelling north to experience top destinations on tours of Italy including Venice and Florence.
Highlights of the Italian Delights tour include:
- Guided exploration of Pompeii. Explore the ruins of this ancient city which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, under the guidance of a local expert. Get to know the story of what happened to this city when Mount Vesuvius erupted nearly 2,000 years ago!
- Embark on walking tours of Rome and Florence with incredibly knowledgeable local guides. These cities are historic centres for history, art and culture and discovering more about them is a must on guided Italy tours.
- Visit famous destinations that are on bucket lists for countless Italian tours including Venice, Cinque Terre, Verona, and Pisa (where you can see the famous Leaning Tower!).
- Spend a leisurely night in the Italian Lakes where you can experience the beauty of the region first hand.
- Enjoy free days to explore Rome, Sorrento and Venice at your leisure. Explore solo or pick from a number of exciting Italy tour optional activities such as a guided tour of the Vatican, seeing Venice by Night, a trip up the Amalfi Coast and an excursion to the gorgeous Isle of Capri!
- Visit Siena, Monte Cassino, Assisi, San Marino and San Gimignano to complete your Italian trip itinerary.
Is this the right tour for me?
What will the accommodation be like on this Italian tour?
Travellers will use twin-share rooms and will be paired up with someone of the same gender. All hotels have been hand-picked by our team. For more privacy, a single supplement is available to purchase when you book your Italian Delights tour.
Is there enough free time included?
With three full free days (in Rome, Sorrento and Venice) and free time included regularly throughout the 12-day trip, our Italy group tours offer an excellent balance of included activities and free time to explore.
How fit do I have to be to go on this tour?
Guided walking tours, as well as orientation tours, are included on our Italy trips so travellers need to be prepared to do some exploring on foot! Some walking tours can last a couple of hours however they are not carried out at an intense pace. Travellers also need to be comfortable transporting their luggage from the coach to the hotel.
What are the best things to see and do on Italian tours?
There are a number of bucket list sites to see on tours of Italy! From the Colosseum and Leaning Tower of Pisa to the city of Venice itself! Check out some of our Italy pictures above for some travel inspiration. Travellers should also embrace all things local from food to art to music!
If you are looking for an in-depth guided Italy tour that showcases the history, culture, incredible scenery and delicious cuisine, this is the one! Expat tours of Italy are fun-filled, convenient and affordable!