London to Rome
Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
Visiting 5 countries - France, Spain, Monaco, Italy and the Vatican City - this tour starts in London and ends in Rome. En route to Rome from London, there are countless fascinating destinations to explore, and we have created the Rome to London tour to do just that!
This magnificent tour (if we may say so ourselves!) begins in London and gradually travels south and east from London to Paris, Spain, Monaco and finally Italy. Witness great sights like the world famous Eiffel tower in Paris, Barcelona, the leaning tower of Pisa, the French Riviera and Rome in all its glory.
We have guaranteed departure dates that allow you to plan your holidays far in advance, with great savings available. And best of all, we've got free Wi-Fi in our hotels on all of our tour packages from Rome to London.
Please note this tour forms the first leg of our Europe Explorer tour.
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- No minimum numbers required.
- FREE Wi-Fi in hotels.
- Services of your Expat Explore tour leader.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Greenwich train station, 06:30 hrs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Greenwich, 07:00 hrs
Rome , 10:00 hrs
DAY 1: London - Paris
Welcome to the tour! Leaving London behind us, we make our way to Paris, crossing the English Channel and arriving in the ‘City of Lights’ in the afternoon. We'll take you on a driving tour of the French capital; get your cameras ready - you’ll be seeing some of the city’s most treasured landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and the Arc de Triomphe! After the driving tour we'll enjoy dinner at a restaurant in the Latin Quarter, an eclectic, bohemian and historic neighbourhood. We'll then travel back to the hotel on Paris' world famous metro system, ready to explore the city further on our free day tomorrow!
DAY 2: Paris - Free day
The whole day is yours! Cruise up the Seine River, see the Eiffel Tower or world famous artworks at the Louvre, head to Montmartre to see the Sacre Coeur, or go to Disneyland for the day. Ask your Expat Explore tour leader for more ideas and suggestions. The diversity of Paris means that you can admire famous artworks, visit historical landmarks, indulge in the finest French cuisine, check out the latest fashions or simply just relax in a café - all in one day, if you wish!
DAY 3: Burgundy - Beaujolais - Avignon
On our way to Avignon we'll sample a taste of small town France with a lunch stop in Burgundy. In the town of Beaune you can visit the beautiful Hospices de Beaune and try some delicious French cuisine for lunch. Our next stop is Beaujolais. This wine-producing region is most famous for the light-bodied red wine of the same name. We'll visit a château and enjoy a wine-tasting. We then continue on to the ancient fortified town of Avignon and take an orientation tour before enjoying a typical French dinner at a local restaurant.
DAY 4: Pont du Gard - Barcelona
We depart Avignon and continue to a comfort stop at Pont du Gard to see the famous 2000-year-old Roman aqueduct. Then it’s off to Barcelona and a driving tour of the city to see the main sights and get your bearings before we have dinner.
DAY 5: Barcelona - Free day
Today is your free day to enjoy the delights of Barcelona. You can visit the many famous sites, or simply wander down the vibrant La Rambla - Barcelona’s busiest avenue - which is full of street artists, food stalls, markets and many restaurants! Tonight, you can experience Spanish nightlife for yourself in one of the many night clubs.
DAY 6: Arles - French Riviera
Today, we have an early start for the French Riviera, stopping in Arles along the way. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is famous for its historical buildings and links to such artists as Van Gough (many of his paintings were inspired by this city). Don’t forget to check out the colourful houses and Roman Amphitheatre while you're here. We’ll then travel onward to the French Riviera. Known worldwide for its glitz and glamour, the Cote d’Azur is where high society has always assembled to enjoy art, food and entertainment.
DAY 7: Monaco - French Riviera
Today you will have the morning free to explore the French Riviera. This is the playground for the rich and famous - keep your eyes open for celebrities and stars whilst you are enjoying the sights! This afternoon we'll experience the glitz and glamour of the world-famous Principality of Monaco, a microstate on the southern coast of France. On our way we'll stop at a perfumery, where you'll learn more about the history and science behind these fragrances. On arrival in Monaco we'll walk to the Princes Palace, the official residence of the Sovereign Prince of Monaco, which offers amazing vistas from a viewpoint overlooking the super yachts in the harbour. We'll then take you to visit the legendary Casino de Monte-Carlo, where you'll have some free time to try and win your fortune on the tables and slots (entrance fee not included).
DAY 8: Pisa - Florence - Tuscany
Heading inland once more, we make for nearby Italy and one of the world’s most famous landmarks, the leaning tower of Pisa! Be sure to have your cameras at the ready, this is one photo opportunity you wouldn’t want to miss. Florence is our next destination, where we’ll have a guided walking tour of the city. Learn about the history of the city and see historical landmarks like the Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio, the Basilica of Santa Croce, the Florence Baptistry and of course, Michelangelo’s famous statue of David – a replica of which stands in the Palazzo della Signoria. After exploring, we'll head to our accommodation in the hills of Tuscany.
DAY 9: Tuscany - Rome
We make our way to Italy's capital, Rome. You’ll be taken on a walking tour of the city by a local guide, who will introduce you to the incredible history of this unique city, which reigned supreme as the focal point of the Roman Empire. Highlights today include the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, the Roman Forum and of course the Colosseum. On the way to our accommodation for the evening, you can start to plan what to do with your free day tomorrow - the Colosseum and Vatican City are unmissable!
DAY 10: Rome - Free day
Today is a free day for you to experience Rome's ancient history, exquisite culture and delicious food - we offer an optional food tour and an optional excursion to the pope's summer residence. Later this afternoon you'll also have the opportunity to visit the Vatican City - the smallest country in the world! Inside the walls, you can visit the Sistine Chapel and see for yourself the famous ceiling painted by Michelangelo, as well as numerous other famous art pieces dotted around the buildings.
DAY 11: Rome - End of tour
On the last day of your tour, ensure that you swap numbers with your fellow travellers, before you part ways.
- 10 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 10 breakfasts, 4 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Modern air conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs, and toilet.
- 11 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Vatican City guided tour
- Tuscan Dinner
- Flamenco show & dinner
- Montparnasse Observation Deck
- Cabaret Show
- River Seine Cruise
- Paris + Tour
- Catalan tapas dinner
- Castel Gandolfo
- Roman food tour
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary above for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour start in London and finish in Rome. Please have a look at our essential tour help page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Are transfers included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can we start/finish the tour in Europe?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Can you tell me the name of the hotels I will be staying in?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on my tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much time will be spent on the coach?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is Europe a safe place to travel to?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).
Should I tip the tour leader and driver, and if so, how much?
The tour I want is unavailable, what does this mean?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What happens if I forget or lose my passport?
What happens if I miss the coach during the tour?
What happens if my visa gets rejected?
What is included in the tour price?
What is the average age of your groups?
What kind of accommodation do you use on your tours?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
What time does each day start on tour?
Where does my tour depart from?
Who will be my tour leader?
Will I get confirmation of my payment?
Will there be an opportunity to do laundry on tour?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A