Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
Want to drink it all in on your European tour? This popular regional tour has a slower pace & shorter drives. Together, we seek out the most beautiful landscapes & destinations Europe has to offer. Visit the incredible Neuschwanstein Castle to see Disney's inspiration. Encounter alpine mountains, glassy lakes & verdant parks. Walk the famous Kapellbrücke! Dine in a proper German beer hall! Explore the Swiss Alps on a free day, with the opportunity to visit Jungfraujoch. This guided Europe coach tour is a treat for all the senses.
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- No minimum numbers required.
- FREE Wi-Fi in hotels.
- Services of your Expat Explore tour leader.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Munich Hotel, 15:00-17:00 hrs
Munich Hotel, 10:00 hrs
DAY 1: Arrive in Munich
Welcome to the tour! After arriving in Munich, make your way to our hotel, where your tour leader will assist you with check-in. If you've got time, explore Munich - a city that combines a sense of age-old tradition, folklore and a certain cosiness with sleek, modern aesthetics and high-powered industry. Tonight, join up with the rest of the group as we enjoy a traditional Bavarian beer hall dinner!
DAY 2: Neuschwanstein Castle - Innsbruck
Let's hit the road! Our first stop today is Neuschwanstein Castle, a 19th Century hilltop castle built by Ludwig II of Bavaria, and the inspiration for the famous Disneyland castle. We then head to Innsbruck, Austria, where we'll enjoy some free time. Home to Austria's third-largest student population, there's no shortage of vibrant bars and beer gardens to enjoy.
DAY 3: Liechtenstein - Lucerne - Swiss Alps
Our first stop is the Alpine principality of Liechtenstein, the sixth-smallest country in the world. Stopping in the capital Vaduz, we'll have some time to stroll around and enjoy the scenery. Next up, we'll head into Switzerland and the city of Lucerne, adorned with covered bridges (including the famous Chapel bridge), brightly-coloured houses and delightful waterfront promenades. Tonight we'll stay in Interlaken to prepare for a full day of adventure tomorrow!
DAY 4: Swiss Alps - Free day
Today, you have the option of joining our excursion up to Jungfraujoch, the highest train station in Europe! The train journey itself is unforgettable, as you wind your way through some of the most picturesque mountain scenery in Switzerland. The final stretch of the train-ride takes you literally through the mountain, and, when you emerge, the view from the top is spectacular - provided it's a clear day, of course! At this height, there's year-round snow, so you'll be able to have snow-ball fights and build snowmen even in the height of summer. This is one part of the journey that is definitely not to be missed!
DAY 5: Lake Como - Italian Lake District
Today, we leave the Swiss Alps and wind our way toward Italy's Lake District, stopping at famous Lake Como. An enormous expanse of water fringed by picturesque scattered villages, it's perhaps not surprising that one of the villages, Laglio, is where George Clooney has a luxurious villa. The afternoon is yours in the Italian Lake District. Enjoy local food, go for a stroll or just find a comfortable spot to enjoy the view. Surely, this is the epicentre of 'La Dolce Vita'!
DAY 6: Pisa - Florence - Tuscany
Today we indulge in some serious sight-seeing! First off, we'll stop at the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is then a short drive to Florence, where your expert local Italian guide can’t wait to show you around and introduce you to The Duomo, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio and Santa Croce Basilica, among others. Later you will head to your accommodation in the beautiful Tuscan hills, where you will enjoy a traditional Tuscan dinner.
DAY 7: Verona - Venice
Our first stop today is Verona, the city where Shakespeare set his immortal tragedy Romeo and Juliet. Then, we're off to Venice! This unique city straddles 118 islands, and is known for its canals, gondolas, Venetian masks, piazzas, art, traditional glass and lace making. On arrival, your tour leader will escort you on an orientation walking tour of the city, so you can use your free time in the early evening to explore properly. After an espresso, don't miss the opportunity to explore Venice the traditional way - from the canals on an optional gondola ride.
DAY 8: Dolomites - Andechs Monastery - Munich
We now wind our way back to Munich, taking in some epic sights as we drive through the Dolomit National Park. Our next stop is the monastery town of Andechs, something of an undiscovered gem, and a totally unique feature of our Scenic Europe tour! You will have the chance to eat a hearty lunch in Andechs, enjoying the Alpine countryside views before returning finally to Munich for our final night of the tour.
DAY 9: Depart Munich
Today, our tour concludes after breakfast. We hope you've had an unforgettable time exploring some of Europe's most beautiful sights. We've certainly enjoyed sharing these amazing sights with you! Don't forget to exchange details with your fellow travellers before you make your onward journey.
- 8 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 8 breakfasts, 4 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Modern air conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs, and toilet.
- 13 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Venice Gondola Ride
- White-Water River Rafting
- Train to Jungfraujoch
- Swiss Dinner
- Tyrol Folk Evening & Dinner
- Venice Water Taxi
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in Munich. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for more detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Are transfers included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Can you tell me the name of the hotels I will be staying in?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on my tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much time will be spent on the coach?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is Europe a safe place to travel to?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).
Should I tip the tour leader and driver, and if so, how much?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What happens if I forget or lose my passport?
What happens if I miss the coach during the tour?
What happens if my visa gets rejected?
What is included in the tour price?
What is the average age of your groups?
What kind of accommodation do you use on your tours?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
What time do the tours depart and when will I be back?
What time does each day start on tour?
Who will be my tour leader?
Will I get confirmation of my payment?
Will there be an opportunity to do laundry on tour?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A