Known for its majestic history, rich culture and inviting climate, our Italy tours take you to one of the most frequented destinations in the world.
The Taste of Italy tour is the ideal way to experience all that this country has to offer! With numerous destinations and an itinerary that allows for personal time to explore, this tour is perfect for first-time visitors as well as seasoned travellers. This Italy tour is certain to captivate your heart and soul.
What are some of the must-see spots that are included?
This journey will take you to all of the most vaunted cities within the country. Examples include Rome, Siena, Venice, Florence and Tuscany. As we appreciate the countless sights and architectural masterpieces in each location, there are also free days that provide an unfettered experience to the visitor. From sampling local wines and pasta to gazing at massive works such as the Coliseum or the Venetian canals, a kaleidoscope of riches awaits.
This 8 day tour of Italy will likewise provide truly majestic views of the natural countryside. The rolling hills of Tuscany and the picturesque shores of Lake Garda offer excellent photo opportunities or merely a quiet day to enjoy the fresh air and sunny skies.
As if all of these destinations were not reasons enough to choose an 8 day tour of Italy, the luxuries provided by Expat Explore are also impressive and should be mentioned. These include modern and spacious coaches, free hotel Wi-Fi service, confirmed departure days and a minimum initial deposit of only ten per cent of the total cost. Of course, these are all combined with the unbeatable rates that have served to define such unparalleled service.
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- No minimum numbers required.
- FREE Wi-Fi in hotels.
- Services of your Expat Explore tour leader.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
DAY 1: Rome
Welcome to Rome, and one of our most popular Italy tours! The first day of the tour is an arrivals day: meet up with your tour guide at our accommodation in the afternoon and prepare for the tour of a lifetime! If you arrive early, head into the city and see some of the sites that make Rome famous the world over. An ancient city that has seen the rise and fall of entire empires, there is no shortage of historical real estate to feast your eyes on. Not to mention designer shopping and brilliant food. Tonight, you’ll meet the rest of the tour group at our included welcome dinner.
DAY 2: Rome
Today we’ll take a guided walking tour of the city, stopping off at the landmarks that have made Rome a perennial favourite with travellers all over the world. See ancient Roman architecture, medieval buildings, Renaissance artworks and more remnants of Rome’s illustrious past as capital of this incredible country – and of the Roman Empire at large. Be sure to see sightseeing highlights like the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Roman Forum, the Pantheon and the countless other attractions that make Rome famous the world over. Later, you’ll have the option of taking a guided walking tour of the Vatican City. Marvel at glittering artworks, vast marble halls and opulent architecture – all part and parcel of the Vatican’s status as the seat of papal power. Eating and drinking well is also an important part of Roman life, and as they say, ‘When in Rome, do as the Romans do.’ Try excellent Italian cuisine, and be sure to grab a famous Roman gelato while you’re sight-seeing!
DAY 3: Orvieto - Venice
Leaving the capital behind, we'll drive through the region of Umbria. Known as the 'fruit bowl of Italy', it is famous for its produce, food and beautiful mountainous landscapes. Prepare for one of the most spectacular sights in Europe as we approach Orvieto, a city perched dramatically atop sheer vertical volcanic rock. We'll take the funicular up to the historic centre, where you'll have some free time to explore and see the sights, including the exquisite facade of the Cathedral of Orvieto, the papal residence and the Albornoz fortress, before we travel on to Venice. You have the evening free to relax at the hotel, or explore Venice with the option to join your tour leader on a twilight water taxi cruise of the Venetian canals.
DAY 4: Venice - Free day
You’ll start your day in Venice with an orientation tour led by your tour leader so you can get your bearings, after which you have free time to explore this unforgettable city at your leisure. Every visit to Venice should include a gondola ride, which your tour leader can organise for you, as well as a trip further out into the lagoon to visit Murano and Burano. These islands are famous for their glass-blowing and lace-making crafts respectively, and rows of beautiful multi-coloured houses. Alternatively you can simply relax and soak up the sun on the sandy beaches at Jesolo or Lido. There’s also The Bridge of Sighs and the Doge’s Palace to see – and any number of culinary delights to sample too!
DAY 5: Lake Garda - Florence - Tuscany
Today, we make our way to the beautiful city of Florence, stopping along the way in Lake Garda for a photo opportunity. Then, we make our way to Florence for a guided walking tour. Learn more about the heritage of this city, which stretches back through the ages to encompass Renaissance artworks and Roman ruins. Sights to see in Florence include Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio, Florence Cathedral, the Basilica of Santa Croce and of course Michelangelo’s David. A cultural and political focal point during the Renaissance, Florence is endowed with a huge variety of important buildings and famous artworks. We’ll then make our way to our accommodation in Tuscany.
DAY 6: Pisa - Cinque Terre - Tuscany
This morning we head to La Spezia, the gateway to the Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre literally means ‘Five Lands’ and consists of five picturesque coastal cliff-side towns linked by rail and footpath - Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. With cars and motorcycles banned from the towns, you’ll have a wonderful time exploring the towns by train or by foot. Later in the afternoon we'll head back to the Tuscan region, stopping off in Pisa to see the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa. Now over 800 years old, it’s a classic sight in Italy and gives you the opportunity to take a picture 'holding up' the tower!
DAY 7: San Gimignano - Siena - Rome
This morning we make our way through one of the world’s most picturesque countryside landscapes, admiring Tuscan farmhouses, vineyards and olive groves as we drive by. Our first stop of the day will be in San Gimignano, a small walled hill town. Known as the 'Town of Fine Towers', it offers beautiful Romanesque and Gothic architecture and 12 well-preserved tower houses. We'll then make the short drive to Siena, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for the 'Palio' horse race held twice a year in the main piazza, or public square. We'll enjoy a wine tasting accompanied with antipasto, before we head back to Rome and round the off the day with a farewell dinner together on our last night of the tour.
DAY 8: End of tour
After breakfast, your 8 day Italian tour concludes. It is time to say your goodbyes to your fellow travellers, and of course, the incredible land of Italy. Arrivederci, Italia!
- 7 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 7 breakfasts, 1 Antipasto, 3 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Modern air conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs, and toilet.
- 11 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Vatican City guided tour
- Venice Gondola Ride
- Murano, Burano & Venetian lagoon
- Venice by night
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in Rome. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Are transfers included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Can you tell me the name of the hotels I will be staying in?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on my tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much time will be spent on the coach?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is Europe a safe place to travel to?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).