Get ready for a Western Europe adventure tour like no other! Expat Explore’s Western Europe trip showcases the top attractions, stunning scenery and historical gems of some of Europe’s most iconic destinations. You’ll visit eight wonderful countries over 17 days.
Your Western Adventure begins in Rome and gradually travels west and north before wrapping up in lively Amsterdam. This Western Europe tour includes a number of exciting highlights:
- Start your Rome trip with a guided tour which offers incredible insight into the ancient history of this city as well as a few modern highlights!
- Visit Florence, Avignon and Munich and enjoy walking tours guided by your tour leader. You’ll become familiar with the history and top sights as you stroll the streets!
- Visit iconic landmarks like the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa and the impressive Pont du Gard. You’ll also get to see monuments like La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, which is a highlight on any Spain tour, as well as the Eiffel Tower, the Arc du Triomphe and Notre Dame in Paris while on driving tours of these cities. Enjoy the chance to explore even more on your free days!
- Make the most of authentic experiences unique to each country, including a visit to a French Perfumery, a visit to a traditional German beer hall in Munich and a wine tasting in the Rhine Valley, which is a must on any Germany tour!
- Admire the beautiful landscapes on scenic drives through the Swiss Alps and the French Riviera (an ever-popular France tour destination), plus a cruise along the gorgeous Rhine River. These places truly need to be seen in real life to be experienced fully!
- Tick some of Europe’s smallest countries off of your bucket list; including Monaco, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.
- Embrace your chance to join incredible optional excursions like a guided tour of the Vatican City, a Pompeii day trip, a trip to Jungfraujoch (the “top of Europe”), a Montserrat day trip, and an unforgettable evening in Montmartre.
Is this the right tour for me?
If you are looking for a tour that offers a great mix of travel must-sees, cultural highlights and fascinating history all combined with ample free days to explore at your leisure, this is the tour for you!
What will the accommodation be like?
Quality hotels have been hand-selected by our expert team. Travellers will use twin-share rooms and, if travelling solo, will be paired with someone of the same gender. Single supplements are available if you would like more privacy.
What should I pack for my Western Europe vacation?
Take note of the time of year you are visiting and pack accordingly. These areas of Europe generally experience hot summers, mild spring and autumn seasons and chilly winters the further north you travel. Bring cool, breathable clothing for summer, layers for spring and autumn and a thick jacket for winter. Comfortable walking shoes are a must as you will spend a lot of time discovering new destinations on foot!
Is 17 days enough time for a Western Europe adventure tour?
Absolutely! This Western Europe tour itinerary offers a great balance of included experiences and free time. It showcases bucket list-worthy attractions in each destination. Travellers will enjoy three free days in both Rome and Barcelona, as well as free days in the Swiss Alps and Paris, allowing for more in-depth exploration!.
Join the Expat Explore Western Adventure for an unforgettable holiday. You’ll discover Europe in a convenient, affordable and fun-filled way!