Taste of Eastern Europe
Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
This fast-paced tour is tailor made for avid adventurers. Bustling cities? Check. Cosy hamlets & hidden gems? Jip. Sweeping scenic vistas? You bet. We take you to all the best spots so you can tick that bucket list. Explore incredible Neuschwanstein Castle - the inspiration for the fairytale castle in Disneyland. Visit Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart. Enjoy dinner in a traditional German beer hall in Munich. Visit Budapest, Vienna, Innsbruck & so much more. This is what Eastern European holiday dreams are made of!
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required and no booking fees.
- Pay the remaining balance off in instalments.
- Services of your Expat Explore tour leader.
- FREE Wi-Fi in hotels.
- No minimum numbers required.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Munich Hotel, 15:00-17:00 hrs
Munich Hotel, 10:00 hrs
DAY 1: Munich
Welcome to Munich! The first day of the tour is our arrivals day. Meet your fellow travellers, and, depending on what time you arrive, head into Munich and see the sights ahead of the start of your tour. A city that exhibits both prosperity and a certain amount of comfort and cosiness, Munich’s apparent contradictions will delight the avid explorer. Along with modern high-powered industry, designer shopping districts and sleek BMWs, you’ll find a wealth of cultural hotspots in Munich. Even with all its smart sophistication, Munich has a certain charm that visitors find irresistible. Tonight, we’ll take you to a traditional German beer hall to get a taste of German culture. Prost!
DAY 2: Neuschwanstein Castle - Innsbruck
Today, you’re off to Innsbruck, with an initial stopover at the famous Neuschwanstein Castle. With turrets soaring high above the surrounding woodland, this is a castle that will bring all those familiar fairy tales to mind. Take a tour that allows you to get up close and personal with this outstanding European landmark. Next, make your way to Innsbruck in nearby Austria. This is one of the few places in the world that can really lay claim to having something for everyone. It's not every destination that offers extreme sports (thanks to the close proximity of the soaring Nordkette Alps), fascinating historical heritage (courtesy of the legacy of the Habsburgs), and vibrant modern attractions to boot. Arrive in the afternoon and set out for an orientation tour of the city. Then you can choose to add an ascent up the Nordkette mountain, or simply explore incredible Innsbruck at your leisure.
DAY 3: Salzburg - Vienna
From Innsbruck, we head for the grandeur of Vienna, stopping on the way for a comfort stop in Salzburg. On arrival in Vienna, we’ll take a driving tour of the city – which ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities. Few cities can show off such cultural and historical splendour and maintain a profile as an exciting, modern city, but Vienna does it well. Along with a musical past that includes luminaries like Mozart, Beethoven and Brahms, and artworks by masters like Klimt, Schiele and Kokoschka, Vienna has a buzzing modern culinary scene, cheerful, bustling pubs and bars, and a host of clubs and music venues in which to dance the night away.
DAY 4: Budapest
Today, we’re off to Budapest, the Hungarian capital. Blessed with natural beauty (it straddles the Danube River) as well as baroque, neoclassical and art nouveau architecture, this is a city to behold. Get a good overview of it all with our Budapest driving tour when you arrive. Starting on the Pest side of the Danube, head across the river and stop at the Fisherman’s Bastion for spectacular views of the city and the river below. See the Houses of Parliament and drive along the river admiring the city. This afternoon is yours to enjoy the city as you please.
DAY 5: Bratislava - Prague
Today, we're off to Prague, stopping on the way in Bratislava for a comfort stop. This afternoon we'll arrive in Prague. Famous for its art, architecture, cobbled lanes and ancient chapels, this is also home to some of Europe’s finest beer. For dinner, experience authentic Czech cuisine at our local restaurant on your first night in Prague.
DAY 6: Prague
This morning we’ll take a locally guided walking tour of this incredible city, which, since freeing itself from communism, has joined other European jewels like Paris, Rome and Amsterdam to take its place as one of Europe’s most fascinating destinations. Prague's dramatic history is reflected in the beauty of the architecture of churches, opera houses, concert halls and parks. The rest of the day is yours free to enjoy the city. There are numerous beer halls in which to sample a local brew, and for those who wish to put your stamp on the city, why not visit legendary Lennon wall - a tribute to John Lennon and words of peace, which is added to on a daily basis by the thousands of visitors to the city.
DAY 7: Nuremberg - Munich
On our way back to Munich, we'll stop at Nuremberg, Bavaria's second-largest city. Famous for its dark beer and frenetic energy, you'll have a chance to look around before we make our way back to Munich. Tonight is your last night on tour, so be sure to make the most of it!
DAY 8: End of tour
Today, our tour ends after breakfast. Be sure to share details with your fellow travellers, so that you can stay in touch! We hope you've enjoyed the tour!
- 7 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room.
- Services of your Expat tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip. You can also book any of the optional excursions available during your tour with your tour leader – please see the 'Essential Information' tab for more details.
- 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (excludes free days)
- Modern air conditioned coach with reclining seats, TV for showing DVDs, and toilet.
- 9 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- Free Expat Explore tour souvenir – a memorable gift of your once in a lifetime trip.
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- Traditional Czech Folk Music & Dance Evening
- Mozart Concert
- Tyrol Folk Evening & Dinner
- Terezín Concentration Camp Tour
- Nordkette Mountain Experience
- Danube Dinner Cruise
Return customers get 10% off!
If you have traveled with us before you qualify for a 10% rebate. To claim your rebate, simply type your previous Booking Number in the "Special Notes" box at the final Payment step of the checkout.
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have a full free day, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts and finishes in Munich. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed?
Are international flights included in the tour price?
Are transfers included in the tour price?
Can I access wi-fi on the tour?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Can you send me a quote?
Can you tell me the name of the hotels I will be staying in?
Do I get allocated a seat on the coach?
If you have any medical conditions that may be affected by where you sit, please discuss them with your Tour Leader, but note that the seat rotation policy will most likely mean that your request may not be honoured.
Do I need a visa to travel on this tour?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
Do you have storage/left luggage facilities?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How do I book/pay?
How many other people will be on my tour?
How much luggage can I bring?
How much spending money do I need for my holiday?
How much time will be spent on the coach?
How much walking is involved in your tours?
Is Europe a safe place to travel to?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. To receive a quote from one of our preferred travel insurance partners, please visit WorldNomads (for all nationalities) or Hollard (for South Africans).
Should I tip the tour leader and driver, and if so, how much?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What happens if I forget or lose my passport?
What happens if I miss the coach during the tour?
What happens if my visa gets rejected?
What is included in the tour price?
What is the average age of your groups?
What kind of accommodation do you use on your tours?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
What time do the tours depart and when will I be back?
What time does each day start on tour?
Who will be my tour leader?
Will I get confirmation of my payment?
Will there be an opportunity to do laundry on tour?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A