Eastern Europe is a region with a superb array of cultures, languages, histories and landscapes. Expat Explore’s 13-day Eastern Adventure takes travellers through the Netherlands, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia and Italy with a number of exciting activities included! Along the way, travellers will get to explore cities, see amazing sites, learn about local life and enjoy authentic experiences.
Begin the trip in Amsterdam and travel through Eastern European countries before ending the trip in Rome. Did you know that this trip makes up the first leg of the Ultimate Europe tour? If you are looking for more adventures through Europe, see more of the continent by joining the full Ultimate Europe tour or the 17-day Western Adventure and see France, Switzerland and more!
There are a number of exciting highlights on this trip:
- Locally guided tours of Prague, Vienna, Ljubljana and Rome. On these tours, you get the benefit of local insight and knowledge that makes it a memorable experience. The local guides can show off the top attractions and let you know about hidden gems!
- Tuck into local cuisine and enjoy authentic experiences on these tours to Eastern Europe. Have dinner in a traditional German beer hall and indulge in an authentic Czech dinner in Prague.
- Cruise the canals of Amsterdam - this is a unique way to see the sights!
- Take a look into life in the Dutch countryside (complete with rolling green hills and windmills!) with visits to Zaanse Schans and lakeside Volendam. Plus enjoy a cheese and clog-making demonstration at a Dutch farm.
- The architecture on the Eastern Adventure tour is a highlight in itself! Engage with the history of the buildings in Berlin. Let the architecture of Czech castles, opera houses and parks capture your imagination. Take in the fairytale-like castles and cobblestones in Ljubljana. Walk the streets of Vienna and marvel at the mix of styles from Baroque to Gothic and more. Be wowed by the ancient sites in Rome!
- Visit Dresden in Germany and Bratislava in Slovakia.
- Five free days to spend as you wish in Amsterdam, Prague, Venice and Rome.
There are also a number of fantastic optional activities for travellers to choose from: the Vatican guided tour, the Pompeii Day Trip and the Venice gondola trips are some of the most memorable and there are several more excellent options to choose from.
Is this the right tour for me?
What will the accommodation be like?
Expat Explore tours use twin-share accommodation in quality hotels hand-selected by our expert team. Travellers will share with a person of the same gender and you are free to purchase a single supplement if you want more privacy.
Is 13 days enough time to see everything?
The Eastern Adventure itinerary has been designed to maximise time and ensure travellers see the highlights of each destination and that they have ample free time to explore at their own pace.
What should I pack for my Europe trip?
Comfortable walking shoes are a must! Be sure to pack comfortable clothing that is appropriate for the season in which you will be visiting. Be sure to pack a rain jacket as well as a camera to capture memories while you travel!
What are the best places to see on tours to Eastern Europe?
Eastern Europe is a fantastic travel option because it is home to so many unique destinations! Popular destinations include Prague, Vienna, Berlin and Ljubljana - each place has its own distinct mix of top attractions, history and culture waiting to be explored.
Expat Explore Eastern Europe tours give travellers from all over the world the chance to see Europe in a fun, affordable and convenient way. Book your trip today and get ready for your next Eastern Adventure!