Tour Eastern Europe with Expat Explore to see the region’s highlights and more! The Eastern Highlights tour showcases seven countries in 11 days. It’s a definite must-do for history and culture enthusiasts! It combines rich history, top attractions, popular cities, captivating local culture and a few off-the-beaten-track destinations.
Begin and end this east European tour in Munich, a charmingly historic yet modern German city with many things to see and do. Overall, the tour features a number of highlights:
- Get familiar with world-famous cities like Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Ljubljana on locally guided tours. Locals offer unique insight into their cities and the tours give you a chance to see the highlights and famous sites when touring Eastern Europe! Chat to the local guides for more information you are specifically interested in.
- Make the most of three full free days in Budapest, Krakow and Prague. This is time you can spend completely as you wish. Choose to join optional excursions or explore solo. It’s up to you!
- Enjoy tastes of local cuisine - from German beer halls to traditional Czech dishes. One of the best ways to get to know a new destination on Eastern Europe tours is through its food and drinks!
- Embrace history: from the beauty of Eastern Europe’s art and architecture in cities like Budapest, Prague, Nuremberg, Salzburg and Vienna, to the sombre tones of a guided tour of Auschwitz concentration camp. Seeing all sides of history allows travellers to truly appreciate the past, present and future.
- Experience the natural splendour of Lake Bled in Slovenia and the quaint historic beauty of Banska Bystrica in Slovakia.
- Make stops in Bratislava in Slovakia and Graz in Austria.
Other great optional activities include a Mozart concert (a wonderful way to complete Vienna tours) and an evening cruise along the Danube river in Budapest!
Is this the right tour for me?
What will the accommodation be like on tour?
Twin-share rooms in quality hotels selected by our team will be used on these tours of Eastern Europe. Travellers will be roomed with people of the same gender and a single supplement is available for purchase if you would prefer more privacy.
How do I plan a trip to Eastern Europe?
Decide what you would like to see and experience, find an itinerary that matches your wishlist and go for it! This tour is a great combination of history, culture, bucket-list sites and fun!
What is the best time to visit Eastern Europe?
Eastern Europe tours can be enjoyed year-round - just decide on the type of holiday you would prefer. The weather is pleasant and there are fewer crowds in spring and autumn. Summer brings lots of people and warm weather - great for basking in the sun and spending time outdoors. Winter is chilly and festive in Eastern Europe - there is a great atmosphere during Christmas and New Year!
If you enjoy history, exploring new cities, experiencing a country’s culture and local cuisine, this tour is sure to tick all of your boxes. If you prefer lots of time outdoors or perhaps a slow paced getaway, a beach holiday may be more enjoyable.
This Eastern Europe itinerary balances an activity-filled 11-days with ample amounts of free time to explore at your own pace. Enjoy it all with the accommodation, transport, most meals, and experiences included in the tour price! This tour is the perfect way to see the highlights of Eastern Europe.