This Egypt and Jordan Adventure tour visits two countries over 15 days and offers an itinerary packed full of exciting experiences and excursions! You have the opportunity to explore Egypt and travel on a felucca boat down the mighty Nile river. You’ll also get to enjoy an authentic Jordan adventure on a jeep safari and overnight stay at a traditional Bedouin campsite in the desert. You’ll get to experience the top attractions of Egypt and Jordan in a safe, fun, convenient and affordable way. Plus there are great optional activities to sign up for and ample free time to kick back and relax!
Some of the highlights of our Egypt and Jordan tours include:
- The felucca cruise is a definite highlight! Cruise the Nile overnight on a traditional felucca boat making a stop at Abu Simbel (with an optional excursion) along the way. Watch local life taking place along the banks of the river as you enjoy a leisurely felucca Nile cruise.
- Discover ancient sites galore on a locally guided tour of the famous Giza Pyramid complex.
- Travel across the sands of time and see the grand burial sites and historic temples of Luxor and Karnak, the Valley of the Kings, the Colossi of Memnon and more!
- Experience vibrant Cairo! You’ll pay a visit to the bustling Khan El Khalili bazaar and have a full free day to explore the city at your own pace.
- Explore the ancient wonder of Petra with a local guide. This impressive rock-face structure is also known as the Rose City thanks to its pink hue and is one of the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World!
- Be mesmerized by the otherworldly landscape of Wadi Rum during a jeep safari - this beautiful desert has been nicknamed the “Valley of the Moon” due to its unique landscape.
- Spend a night with Bedouin locals as you stay overnight at a tented camp in the desert. Savour a traditional dinner and listen to stories under the starry sky.
- Visit the famous Dead Sea in Jordan and enjoy some free time in the water.
- Take it easy at an all-inclusive Red Sea resort in Hurghada, Egypt. Enjoy two full free days to swim, snorkel, scuba dive and more.
Is this the right tour for you?
What is a felucca boat and what is it like to spend the night on board?
A felucca boat is a traditional wooden sailing boat with a large, covered, cushioned communal area. You will be sharing a sleeping area as well as bathroom facilities with your fellow travellers for the night during the Egypt boat trip. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but this is an exciting and authentic Nile River experience!
Will I be comfortable sightseeing in the sun without shade?
This is the Middle East and Africa so it can get hot and sunny. You will be exploring many temples, sights and desert areas so be sure to pack sturdy, comfortable walking shoes, adequate sun protection and remember to stay hydrated. There will also be plenty of time to relax!
What is the accommodation like?
During this tour, you will stay in twin-share rooms. If you are a single traveller you will be paired with a fellow traveller of the same gender. If you would prefer some privacy, you can pay a single supplement and enjoy your own room.
Please note: Some hotels in Egypt may not have lifts, so you may need to carry luggage up stairs. Be sure to bring a suitcase and luggage that is relatively easy to handle.
Can I charge my gear? What plugs are used in Egypt?
Egypt uses plug types C and F (similar to those used in Europe), while Jordan used plug types C, D, F, G and J. Be sure to pack a travel adapter to make sure you can charge your tech gear while travelling.
If you are looking for an immersive, history-filled and exciting way to experience Egypt and Jordan, this is it!