Expat Explore’s Ukraine, Moldova and Romania tours showcase an exciting corner of Europe that is as entrancing as it is captivating and charming! Spend 13 days travelling through three countries and enjoy a wealth of included experiences along the way. If you enjoy history, unique culture and exploring off-the-beaten-track, this is the tour for you.
Travel from Kyiv (also referred to as Kiev) in Ukraine and finish up in Bucharest, Romania, exploring beautiful areas of Moldova along the way.
Highlights of this tour:
- Get to know Kiev, Iasi and Bucharest from a local point of view on locally guided tours.
- Enjoy orientation tours of Odessa, Chișinău and Brașov.
- Experience a taste of local culture on the Moldova tours with traditional lunches in Transnistria and Moldova and enjoy a Moldovan wine tasting at the country’s largest wine cellar too!
- Visit the famous Dracula’s Castle (Bran Castle) in Transylvania in Romania. This castle is said to be the home of Bram Stoker’s Dracula!
- Visit Transnistria which is an independent-state located in Moldova.
- Learn more about the history of this fascinating area of Europe at attractions like the Bender Fortress in Moldova, the Ukraine Strategic Missile Force Museum, the Curchi Monastery and the Orhei Vechi Monastery in Moldova.
- Admire the scenery of Transylvania and the Carpathian Mountains on the Romaina tours!
Is this tour the right one for you?
Is 13 days enough time to explore all three countries?
13 Days is a great amount of time to explore Ukraine, Romania & Moldova. The itinerary has been designed with a great balance of included activities, optional activities and free time, maximising travel and exploration time!
How fit do I have to be for this tour?
If you are fit enough to complete the city walking tours (which are completed at a leisurely pace and filled with fascinating info about the destination) you will be fit enough for this tour. Remember to pack comfortable walking shoes. Please keep in mind that you will need to carry your own luggage from the coach to the hotel.
When to go on a tour to Moldova, Romania and Ukraine?
The best time for Moldova tours, Romania tours and Ukraine tours is during the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn. Summer is also a good time to visit and winter brings with it cold weather and uniquely festive vibes!
What is the accommodation like?
Tour accommodation will be in hotels that have been hand picked by our expert team. There will be twin-share accommodation with an option to pay for a single supplement if you would prefer more privacy.
On the Ukraine, Moldova and Romania tour you can look forward to culture, history and fun expeditions. Expat Explore tours allow you to experience eastern Europe in a fun, affordable and convenient way with accommodation, transport, most meals and many exciting activities included!