Experience the beauty of the Balkans on this Croatian and Eastern Delights tour. The Balkans are an intriguing group of countries in the south of Eastern Europe. These countries are home to a fascinating (and oftentimes tumultuous) history, beautiful landscapes and a unique blend of cultures. On this trip, visit Croatia, Eastern Europe and more. You’ll get to tour Croatia and see the top attractions and sites of historic significance in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic and Hungary. Plus, you’ll get to discover historic hidden gems in Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Slovakia.
The Eastern Europe Croatia tour begins in Munich, Germany before looping around the Balkans and finishing back in Munich. From historical cities to incredible landscapes, this tour boasts a number of impressive highlights:
- Embark on a guided walking tour of Dubrovnik. This historic walled Old Town is a popular destination on the Adriatic coast - it’s a highlight of tours of Croatia! Did you know that many scenes from Game of Thrones were filmed in and around the city?
- Spend time surrounded by the beauty of the Croatian landscape in Plitvice Lakes National Park. Here, you’ll get to see stunning lakes and waterfalls as you wind your way through the park on leisurely walkways or hiking paths. Making the most of the outdoors is a must on any Croatian tours!
- See more of these exciting destinations at your own pace on free days in Budapest, Dubrovnik and Prague. Spend this time as you wish on this Croatia, Budapest, Prague tour.
- Set off on a driving tour of Budapest with a local guide during which you’ll see the incredible architecture and learn about the unique culture of Budapest. You’ll also get to experience the opulence and imperial history of Vienna on a locally guided tour!
- Join local guides for walking tours of Slovenia’s capital city Ljubljana and Belgrade in Serbia.
- Experience the historic impact of WWII on visits to Mauthausen (a former concentration camp) and Nuremberg, a city which has been carefully reconstructed following devastating bombing during the war.
- Visit a traditional Hungarian Horse farm in the traditional homeland of the Hungarian horse lords.
- See Salzburg, Bratislava, Český Krumlov, Lake Bled and Mostar.
- Enjoy traditional fare during dinner at a German beer hall and a traditional dinner in Prague.
- Select great optionals to fill your free days including a Game of Thrones walking tour, a Czech Folk Evening and a Montenegro day trip!
Is this the right tour for me?
What can I expect from the accommodation on tour?
Travellers can look forward to great quality accommodation in hotels that have been hand-picked by our team. Rooms are twin-share and travellers will be paired with someone of the same gender. Single supplements are available to purchase if anyone would prefer some privacy.
What should I pack?
What to pack will depend on the time of year you are visiting. In summer, bring light, breathable clothing (and bathing suits if you plan on exploring the beaches while touring Croatia!). In winter pack warm clothing. Good packing staples include sturdy walking shoes and/or comfortable sandals, as well as a rain jacket or umbrella - just in case!
Where is Croatia situated in Europe?
Croatia forms part of the Balkan countries. It’s located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea, between central and eastern Europe.
What are the famous landmarks in Eastern Europe?
Dubrovnik Old Town and Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia; Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, the Dancing House and Old Town Square in Prague; the Hungarian Parliament Building and Fisherman’s Bastion in Budapest; the Old Bridge in Mostar and Schönbrunn Palace and the Hofburg in Vienna - to name a few!
Eastern Europe vacations showcase the history, spellbinding landscapes and vibrant cultures of the region. With Expat Explore, you get to explore the Balkans and Eastern Europe in a fun, convenient and affordable way! Accommodation, transport, most meals and many exciting activities are included in the tour price - meaning you’ll get an amazing itinerary and a hassle-free holiday. If you are looking to explore this beautiful region of Europe, this is the tour for you!