When you travel from Amsterdam to Barcelona on Expat Explore rail tours, you’re in for a leisurely and memorable trip! Enjoy the scenic beauty and convenience of railway travel and explore top travel destinations in five bucket list-worthy European countries. On rail tours, it’s about the destination and the journey.
Begin in the lively city of Amsterdam and travel by train through the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and France on various scenic train trips. Finally, from the stunning Mediterranean coast in the South of France, you’ll catch a plane to Barcelona in Spain.
Highlights of the Amsterdam to Barcelona Rail Explorer tour:
- Scenic train journeys abound! Travel through the scenic Swiss Alps by rail and admire the quaint villages, alpine forests and crystalline lakes as you go. In the South of France, travel from Avignon to Nice while surrounded by gorgeous coastal vistas. Enjoy these train trips and several more when travelling between destinations on Expat Explore rail tours!
- See famous capital cities including Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris and Bern.
- Discover charming historic destinations including Avignon (known as the “City of Popes”), Geneva’s Old Town, Nice’s Old Town and Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter.
- Cruise through Amsterdam’s canals and enjoy a sightseeing Lake Geneva boat tour.
- Taste the local cuisine! Enjoy a welcome dinner in Amsterdam and lunch in Paris’s lively Latin Quarter. Plus, enjoy ample free time to visit more local eateries as you go.
- Enjoy free days in Amsterdam, Paris, the Swiss Alps, Nice and Barcelona.
- Take advantage of the excellent optional activities when travelling from Amsterdam to Barcelona with Expat Explore; learn more about the “City of Lights” on a Paris + tour, explore glamorous Monaco with your Tour Leader and enjoy an extra special train journey to the top of Jungfraujoch!
Is this the right tour for me?
This tour is a fantastic option for travellers who want to see multiple countries in Europe in a comfortable and unique way! Train travel is a fast and convenient way to explore Europe. Spend less time travelling and maximise time spent exploring! With extra space and the ability to walk around while travelling, Expat Explore rail tours are perfect for travellers seeking extra comfort with all the benefits of a group tour.
What is the accommodation like on Expat Explore rail tours?
Our rail tour accommodation hotels are hand-picked by our team of experts. Travellers will share en-suite twin rooms and will be paired with a traveller of the same gender. For more privacy, single travellers can pay for a single supplement. There are no overnight train trips on this tour.
Can you take a train from Amsterdam to Barcelona?
Europe is a vast continent home to many countries! Travellers will take multiple trains from Amsterdam to Barcelona on this tour. It is not one direct trip, rather, this tour visits multiple countries on several scenic train trip legs.
How much does the train from Amsterdam to Barcelona cost?
Train travel in Europe can be pricey! Luckily, with Expat Explore rail tours, the accommodation, transport costs (train tickets), most meals and many excursions are included in the cost of the tour. We help you see Europe by train, affordably!
Make the most of the journey and the destinations on Expat Explore rail tours! Take to the tracks and get ready to see Europe over two weeks in a fun, affordable, convenient and memorable way.