Wherever you travel in the world, it is always best to be aware of up-to-date visa information which may affect you. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, whereas others require advanced permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time
Expat Explore is unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our guests represent – but we can make life a little easier with certain information which we can pass on, based on questions and queries that we receive.
Please note, that visas are each traveller’s personal responsibility, and it is recommended that plenty of time is allowed for visas to be applied for. Ensure that the proper research is carried out before you apply, and that you deal directly with the embassies or certified agents with regard to acquiring correct and timely information. We cannot take responsibility for customers whose visas are rejected or expired. It is a requirement of the embassies that tours are paid for in full, before visa support documentation is requested and applications are made. When you have made the final payment for your booking our accounts department will send you an email stating your booking is 'Confirmed'. Please reply to this email to request your visa support documents, allowing 5 working days for the documents to be sent.
If you are a UK or EU passport holder you will not require a visa to travel on any of our Europe tours (with the exception of the Northern Explorer, see point 11 below). However, there are many nationalities that may require a valid Schengen Visa in order to enter Europe.
If you require a Schengen visa, please keep the following points in mind:
Which embassy for which Europe tour?
If there is a number listed after your tour please see the important notes at the end of the page.
Europe Multi Country
UK & Ireland
France, Spain & Portugal
Christmas & New Year
Israel & Jordan
(1) Best of Europe - Please ensure you apply for a multi-entry Schengen visa which will also enable you to enter Croatia.
(2) Croatian & Eastern Delights - Please ensure you apply for a multi-entry Schengen visa which will also enable you to enter Croatia.
*Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina are not in the Schengen zone and visas can not be obtained at the border or on the tour, it is therefore essential you check in advance of your tour if you require a visa for Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
(3) Irish Explorer - please note that you will visit Northern Ireland as well as the Republic of Ireland on this tour. Schengen and UK visas are not valid for the Republic of Ireland whilst certain nationalities will require a UK visa to visit Northern Ireland.
(7) Eastern Adventure - the embassy listed is for the tour itinerary only. If you are travelling in Europe before starting the tour this may change which embassy you will need to apply at.
(8) Classic Europe - if you are staying in the Netherlands before and/or after the tour, you may need to apply at the Dutch embassy.
(9) European Vistas - if you are staying in the Netherlands before and/or after the tour, you may need to apply at the Dutch embassy.
(10) Best of UK & Ireland - please note that the UK & Republic of Ireland is not a common travel area. Please check with your local British and Irish Embassies to confirm if you require a visa to visit the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland, respectively.
(11) Northern Explorer
- If you require a Schengen Visa you will need to ensure you apply for and receive a multi-entry Schengen visa
- If you are staying in Amsterdam pre and/or post tour you may need to apply at the Dutch Embassy.
- Most nationalities require a visa to visit Russia, please check with your local Russian Embassy for confirmation.
- Once you have paid in full and requested your visa support documents from Expat Explore, we will need to send you the original copies of the support documents by post, so please request your visa documents AT LEAST 30 DAYS before your visa appointment.
- If you do not wish to travel to Russia or if you do not have the required Russian visa, please contact us AT LEAST 30 DAYS prior to departure. We can amend your tour arrangements giving you two extra nights in Helsinki, ferry transportation to Tallinn and an extra nights accommodation in Tallinn, where you would meet up with the rest of the tour. There is a small charge for this amendment - please contact us for more information.
(13) Balkan Explorer - Please ensure you apply for a multi-entry Schengen visa which will also enable you to enter Croatia. A separate visa may be required for Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia & Bulgaria.
(14) Best of Eastern Europe - If you are extending your stay in Rome before starting the tour, you may need to apply at the Italian Embassy.
(15) Best of Western Europe - If you are extending your stay in Rome after the tour, you may need to apply for your visa at the Italian Embassy.