Additional information for Highlights of Turkey • Expat Explore
We will be adding a number of protocols to ensure the safety and protection of our passengers. While we already have health and safety measures in place on our coaches, travellers can expect the following:
- Increased daily cleaning, thereby ensuring optimal coach hygiene. Seat rotation will be put on pause for now. Passengers will be expected to wear masks onboard and boarding procedures will be adjusted to allow for social distancing.
- In-depth hygiene and health training for all crew members.
- While on tour, the comfort and quality of our restaurants and accommodation will still remain, however, these will be vetted to ensure the increased hygiene standards are met.
For more information on our elevated health and safety protocols, please see our How to Travel Safe page.
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) we will try to organise a triple room. If we are unable to then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
On this tour, you will enjoy some free time to explore at your own pace. Free time gives you the opportunity to see more of a destination. This is a chance to embark on one of Expat Explore’s popular optional excursions or simply see aspects of a destination that interest you but are not included on the tour itinerary.
Filling your free time with optional excursions is popular with Expat Explore travellers. Your itinerary will list the excursions on offer and your tour leader will be able to give you more details on the excursion. All of our optional activities have been expertly chosen to ensure they will give travellers a unique, safe, fun and memorable experience. Many travellers opt-in for various optional excursions so you will most likely have the comfort of spending more time with a group you are already familiar with.
Most nationalities can purchase an e-visa in advance. Please double check here to confirm.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Additional Costs Please note that entrance fees for the following experiences on this tour are not included in the tour price. Please keep them in mind as you budget for your trip.
Price, Tour experience
- Free, Ankara – Ataturk Mausoleum
- 50 TRY, Cappadocia – Kaymakli Underground City
- 100 TRY, Ephesus (Efes)
- 75 TRY, Göreme Open Air museum
- Free, Istanbul - Blue Mosque
- Free, Istanbul – Hippodrome
- 100 TRY, Istanbul - St. Sophia Museum (Ayasofya)
- 72 TRY, Istanbul - Topkapi Museum
- Free, Konya – Mevlana Museum
- 80 TRY, Pamukkale – Hierapolis
- Free, Sultanhani Caravansary
- 50 TRY, Troia
- 50 TRY, Bergama
International flights Travel to the start point and from the end point is not included. We recommend using Sky Scanner to find the best deals on international flights.
Travel insurance For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. All passengers travelling on an Expat Explore tour are required to have valid travel insurance cover, and you are responsible for arranging your own insurance - if you need any assistance with this please contact our Customer Service team who can put you in touch with our preferred travel insurance partners.
Please note: No children under 10 years of age are allowed on Expat Explore tours.
Minors (between 10 and 18 years of age) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted on tour. Expat Explore reserves the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
We welcome all travellers on our tours but we would like to ensure your comfort and enjoyment, so please ensure that you are happy with the below information and level of fitness required.
Expat Explore tries to be as accommodating as possible, however, our tours are unfortunately not designed for people travelling with wheelchairs or severe mobility issues.Our tours are fast paced because they are designed for you to see the most a destination has to offer. We also want to ensure that you explore as much as possible, which may require long periods without stops on the coach as we drive to new destination.
We offer walking tours in most cities (up to 3 hours), and a wheelchair is not always a practical option as there are often cobbled streets and stairs on these tours.
For travellers in wheelchairs, you will only be able to store your wheelchair under the coach with the other luggage. Thus, on the long drives between cities you will not necessarily have access to your wheelchair if we make a quick bathroom stop along the way. Please note that travelling with a wheelchair could prove difficult as our coaches don't have wheelchair lifts, as such you will need to be able to board and alight the coach on your own.
With regards to our accommodation, not all hotels have lifts and this can potentially mean having to carry bags up and down stairs.
For more information regarding traveller fitness please see our Terms and Conditions.