Additional information for Highlights of Vietnam • Expat Explore
We will be adding a number of protocols to ensure the safety and protection of our passengers. While we already have health and safety measures in place on our coaches, travellers can expect the following:
- Increased daily cleaning, thereby ensuring optimal coach hygiene. Seat rotation will be put on pause for now. Passengers will be expected to wear masks onboard and boarding procedures will be adjusted to allow for social distancing.
- In-depth hygiene and health training for all crew members.
- While on tour, the comfort and quality of our restaurants and accommodation will still remain, however, these will be vetted to ensure the increased hygiene standards are met.
For more information on our elevated health and safety protocols, please see our How to Travel Safe page.
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of the activities and meals that are included in the tour cost, and those that are optional/extra. We would recommend budgeting 350,000-600,000 Vietnamese dong / 15-25 USD per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
On this tour, you will enjoy some free time to explore at your own pace. Free time gives you the opportunity to see more of a destination. This is a chance to embark on one of Expat Explore’s popular optional excursions or simply see aspects of a city, town or destination that interest you but are not included on the tour itinerary.
Filling your free time with optional excursions is popular with Expat Explore travellers. Your itinerary will list the excursions on offer and your tour leader will be able to give you more details on the excursion. All of our optional activities have been expertly chosen to ensure they will give travellers a unique, safe, fun and memorable experience. Many travellers opt-in for various optional excursions so you will most likely have the comfort of spending more time with a group you are already familiar with.
Explore Your Way
Travellers are also able to set off on their own during free time. This is your opportunity to spend your time however you would like; visit a museum, try out the local cuisine or take a stroll around new neighbourhoods. You can even revisit spots included in the itinerary that you really enjoyed the first time! Your tour leader is on hand with great recommendations. The choice is yours to make the most of your free time!
Certain nationalities may require a Vietnamese visa for this tour. Please see our pre-departure information for more details. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassy to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide support documentation upon request, please contact us for more information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have at least two blank pages as visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Your tour starts in Hanoi, Vietnam and finishes in Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon, Vietnam. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
If you need to return to Hanoi for your flight home, there are various airlines offering direct flights from Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon to Hanoi. We recommend using skyscanner.net to find the best deals.
Travel to the start point and from the end point is not included. We recommend using Sky Scanner to find the best deals on international flights.Travel insurance
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. All passengers travelling on an Expat Explore tour are required to have valid travel insurance cover, and you are responsible for arranging your own insurance - if you need assistance please contact our Customer Service team who will be able to put you in touch with our travel insurance partners.
Please note: No children under 10 years of age are allowed on Expat Explore tours.
Minors (between 10 and 18 years of age) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted on tour. Expat Explore reserves the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
We welcome all travellers on our tours but we would like to ensure your comfort and enjoyment, so please ensure that you are happy with the below information and level of fitness required.
Expat Explore tries to be as accommodating as possible, however, our tours are unfortunately not designed for people travelling with wheelchairs or severe mobility issues.
Our tours are fast paced because they are designed for you to see the most a destination has to offer. We also want to ensure that you explore as much as possible, which may require long periods without stops on the coach/minibus as we drive to new destinations.
For more information regarding traveller fitness please see our Terms and Conditions.
Ha Long Bay cruise
The cruise ships used on this tour have multiple levels, and do not have elevators. When docked, the ships can only be accessed by a gangway. There is no wheelchair access.
Not all hotels have lifts, so you may be required to carry your own bags up and down stairs to your room.