Exploring Italy by train is an adventure unlike any other! Not only do you get to visit top cities, you also get to see spectacular scenery along the way. Italian train tours are about the journey as well as the destination!
Travel from Rome to Naples and see the ancient city of Pompeii! Witness the wonders of Florence and Pisa. Explore the magical city of Venice and visit Milan, Italy’s fashion capital. Enjoy the options to visit the colourful coastal town of Cinque Terre and the luxurious island of Capri.
This Italian rail tour features a number of highlights:
- Experience guided tours of Rome, Florence and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Pompeii as well as orientation tours of Naples, Venice and Milan.
- Enjoy a welcome dinner in Rome and delicious group lunches in Naples, Florence, Venice and Milan!
- Visit and take a picture with the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa!
- Discover how local crafts are made with a leather making workshop in Florence and lacemaking and glass blowing workshops in Venice.
- Fantastic optional activities such as a gondola ride in Venice and visits to Cinque Terre, Capri and Lake Como.
- Free days to spend as you wish in Rome and Naples.
- Admire the gorgeous scenery between destinations along the Italian railroad!
Is this the right tour for me?
Italy is one of the world’s top bucket-list destinations due to its incredible art, history, culture and cuisine. Travelling through Italy by train allows you to experience all of this and more! Italian train tours showcase the country’s natural beauty and allow you to travel in a unique, comfortable and convenient way.
How much does it cost to travel in Italy by train?
Travelling to Italy can be expensive. However, the great thing about travelling with Expat Explore is that you won’t have to worry about any unnecessary fees as transportation and accommodation costs are already covered. Most activities and meals are included too!
Is 9 days enough to tour Italy by train?
9 Days is a great amount of time to see some of Italy’s top highlights! This Italy by train tour is a great mix of visits to top tourist attractions, included activities and free time.
What will the transportation be like?
You’ll enjoy 9 days of travel in Italy by train on this tour. Rail travel is fast, scenic and offers travellers extra space and comfort. Admire the views and even walk around the train as you go. Rail travel is generally faster than coach travel and the itinerary has been designed to maximise time spent at each destination.
Spend 9 days on this bella Italia rail journey to discover many of Italy’s bucket-list attractions in a fun, convenient and affordable way!