Additional information for Ultimate Europe Tour • Expat Explore
We will be adding a number of protocols to ensure the safety and protection of our passengers. While we already have health and safety measures in place on our coaches, travellers can expect the following:
- Increased daily cleaning, thereby ensuring optimal coach hygiene. Seat rotation will be put on pause for now and boarding procedures will be adjusted to allow for social distancing. The wearing of facemasks on board the coach and in public spaces will follow the guidance and laws of the local authorities.
- In-depth hygiene and health training for all crew members.
- While on tour, the comfort and quality of our restaurants and accommodation will still remain, however, these will be vetted to ensure the increased hygiene standards are met.
For more information on our elevated health and safety protocols, please see our How to Travel Safe page.
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of what activities are included, which meals are included and what is excluded. We would recommend budgeting €25-€40 per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, all rooms are twin bed as standard.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: Expat Explore loves hosting families on tour and making amazing memories together. The request for triple rooms is therefore something that comes up frequently. However, it is not something we offer. This is because many hotel partners do not offer triple rooms, and while they may be available in one location, triple rooms are not guaranteed to be available in all destinations. We please request that where there is an uneven number of travellers in your group, you indicate as early as possible which travellers of the same gender will be sharing a room. Please take note that minors under the age of 18 cannot share with another traveller outside of your group's booking.
On this tour, you will enjoy some free time to explore at your own pace. Free time gives you the opportunity to see more of a destination. This is a chance to embark on one of Expat Explore’s popular optional excursions or simply see aspects of a city, town or destination that interest you but are not included on the tour itinerary.
Filling your free time with optional excursions is popular with Expat Explore travellers. Your itinerary will list the excursions on offer and your tour leader will be able to give you more details on the excursion. All of our optional activities have been expertly chosen to ensure they will give travellers a unique, safe, fun and memorable experience. Many travellers opt-in for various optional excursions so you will most likely have the comfort of spending more time with a group you are already familiar with.
Explore Your Way
Travellers are also able to set off on their own during free time. This is your opportunity to spend your time however you would like; visit a museum, try out the local cuisine or take a stroll around new neighbourhoods. You can even revisit spots included in the itinerary that you really enjoyed the first time! Your tour leader is on hand with great recommendations. The choice is yours to make the most of your free time!
Certain nationalities may require a visa(s) for this tour. Please see our visas page for more information. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassies to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide the support documentation upon request - please contact us.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have several blank pages as Visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Your tour starts and finishes in Amsterdam. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for more information.
If you are looking to spend extra time at your tour start and/or tour end points, you are now able to book affordable and convenient pre and post-tour accommodation via booking.com.
Travel to the start point and from the end point is not included. We recommend using Sky Scanner to find the best deals on international flights.Travel insurance
For a relatively small price, travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind so that you can enjoy your tour without any worries. All passengers travelling on an Expat Explore tour are required to have valid travel insurance cover, and you are responsible for arranging your own insurance - if you need assistance please contact our Customer Service team who will be able to put you in touch with our travel insurance partners.
Please note: No children under 10 years of age are allowed on Expat Explore tours.
Minors (between 10 and 18 years of age) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted on tour. Expat Explore reserves the right to decline any booking at our discretion.
We welcome all travellers on our tours but we would like to ensure your comfort and enjoyment, so please ensure that you are happy with the below information and level of fitness required.
Expat Explore tries to be as accommodating as possible, however, our tours are unfortunately not designed for people travelling with wheelchairs or severe mobility issues.Our tours are fast paced because they are designed for you to see the most a destination has to offer. We also want to ensure that you explore as much as possible, which may require long periods without stops on the coach as we drive to new destination.
We offer walking tours in most cities (up to 3 hours), and a wheelchair is not always a practical option as there are often cobbled streets and stairs on these tours.
For travellers in wheelchairs, you will only be able to store your wheelchair under the coach with the other luggage. Thus, on the long drives between cities you will not necessarily have access to your wheelchair if we make a quick bathroom stop along the way. Please note that travelling with a wheelchair could prove difficult as our coaches don't have wheelchair lifts, as such you will need to be able to board and alight the coach on your own.
With regards to our accommodation, not all hotels have lifts and this can potentially mean having to carry bags up and down stairs.
For more information regarding traveller fitness please see our Terms and Conditions.