Experience the magic of the festive season in Europe on the Expat Explore Europe Jewel Christmas and New Year tour! Europe in winter is an unmissable experience. Travellers will be immersed in the festive atmosphere complete with Christmas markets, chilly weather, hot chocolate, gluhwein and much more on Expat Explore Europe Christmas tours! Plus, the festivities of New Year’s Eve celebrations in Europe are definitely a bucket list experience.
You’ll get to see 11 countries in two weeks. The tour visits top European travel destinations in the Netherlands, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, France and Belgium. It begins and ends in the beautiful, historic city of Amsterdam which can be explored even more pre and post tour.
Highlights of the Europe Jewel Christmas and New Year tour:
- Celebrate Christmas in gorgeous Prague! Explore the historic old town, castle district and world-famous Chirtsmas markets of the “City of a Hundred Spires” on Christmas Day. A true highlight of Europe Christmas tours!
- Toast to the New Year in the Swiss Alps! Celebrate New Years Eve in a snowy mountain town in the Alps. Then enjoy the first day of the new year with a full free day in the Alps!
- See iconic European capitals decked out for the festive season! Visit Budapest, Vienna, Ljubljana, Bratislava and Paris - with a full free day to explore the French capital at your leisure.
- Enjoy a sightseeing cruise in Amsterdam as well as a river cruise in the breathtaking Rhine Valley.
- Explore two of Italy’s top destinations. Venice and Florence are magical to visit on Europe Christmas tours!
- Become immersed in local culture, food and tradition! Watch a cheese and clog-making demonstration in the Dutch countryside, enjoy a German wine tasting in the Rhine Valley, tuck into authentic local cuisine at dinners in Prague and Florence, and even enjoy dinner in a Viennese wine cellar!
- Make the most of the range of optional excursions available on the Expat Explore Europe Jewel Christmas tour. From Venice gondola rides to a train expedition to Jungfraujoch and much more - there is something for all kinds of travellers.
Is this the right tour for me?
This is the perfect tour for travellers looking to experience the magic of Europe at Christmas and New Year while seeing top travel destinations and attractions on a guided tour. It's great for all kinds of travellers; families, friends, older travellers, solo travellers and more!
What is the accommodation like?
Travellers will share en-suite twin-share rooms and will be paired with someone of the same gender. A single room supplement can be added when booking.
What should I pack?
During December and January, Europe is cold! Be sure to pack warm clothing such as thick jackets, sturdy shoes or boots, beanies, scarves and gloves. Layers are always a great option while it's always a good idea to pack an umbrella.
What is the best European country to visit at Christmas?
It’s impossible to narrow it down to one country! Each destination offers a unique experience which is why we have expertly designed this 2-week Europe trip to include stops in 11 countries! See famous festive cities like Prague, Paris, Vienna and Amsterdam and visit charming cheerful towns and cities too!
Where are the best Christmas markets in Europe?
Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Bratislava are home to some of the best Christmas markets in Europe!
Embrace the festive spirit and book a spot on the Europe Jewel Christmas and New Year tour. Expat Explore Europe Christmas tours are an unforgettable, fun, affordable and convenient way to spend Christmas and ring in the new year!