Greece is a popular bucket-list destination for travellers due to its fascinating ancient history, vibrant culture, delicious cuisine and stunning islands. You’ll get to experience all of these highlights and more over 7 days on this taste of Greece tour.
As you enjoy 7 days in Greece, you’ll get to learn about and visit some of Greece’s top historical destinations. Discover the incredible ancient sights of Olympia, Delphi and Thermopylae, witness the spectacular rock formations of Meteora and end off your Greece holiday with an Athens day tour.
This Greece guided tour features a number of highlights including:
- Visits to iconic ancient sights such as the statue of Leonidas, King of Sparta, the Sanctuary of Apollo, the Treasury of the Athenians, the tomb of Agamemnon and much more. Discover even more awe-inspiring landmarks such as the Acropolis, the Parthenon and Hadrian’s Arch on your Athens day tour.
- A Byzantine art workshop where you will discover how locals create exquisite works of Christian Greek art.
- Free mornings in Kalabaka and Delphi to explore at your own pace. Alternatively, add-on an excursion to the Monasteries of Meteora and a Delphi Museum and ancient site tour!
- Local guided tours of the Olympia ancient site (the home of the Olympic Games!), Mycenae and Athens as well as an orientation tour of Delphi and a sunset drive of Meteora, a mesmerising UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A visit to the tiny, colourful island of Trizonia and the picturesque town of Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece!
- Delectable, authentic Greek cuisine with 2 included lunches and 3 dinners!
Is this the right tour for me?
If you love ancient history and classical art, this is the perfect tour for you! Learn about and marvel at plenty of ancient sights and fascinating archeological wonders. Get a taste of authentic Greek culture as you visit quaint towns, eat delicious Greek meals and soak up the Grecian sun!
How much does a 7 day trip to Greece cost?
Greece is actually very affordable compared to other European countries. With Expat Explore, Greece becomes even more affordable with accommodation, transportation, most of your activities and some meals already included in the tour cost!
Is 7 days in Greece enough?
Yes! 7 days is an excellent amount of time to explore Greece. This tour forms the first-half of our 12-day Best of Greece tour. If you’re looking for a longer tour that combines the highlights of mainland Greece with Santorini and Mykonos, consider booking the full-length tour.
What should I pack?
With tour dates available from April-October, you can expect warm temperatures and sunny skies. Pack summer clothing, swimsuits and plenty of sunscreen! In autumn months, you may need a jacket for the evenings.
Embark on a Greek adventure as you walk in the footsteps of historians, artists, myths and legends! Discover what makes Greece the ultimate bucket-list destination when you book this fun, convenient and affordable group tour.