If you are looking to experience the beauty, culture and history of northern Europe and the Baltic states, the Expat Explore Northern Explorer tour is an excellent option! Over 18 days, you’ll be transported through ten different countries starting in the Netherlands, followed by Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Russia (if you opt for Option A), Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Germany.
This northern Europe trip boasts an exciting number of highlights for you to look forward to!
- Take in the scenic beauty of Scandinavia as you travel to the best places to visit in northern Europe. Did you know that Helsinki and Copenhagen rank highly in the list of the happiest cities in the world? The colours, charm and unique Scandi culture will leave you smiling!
- With Option A, you’ll visit St Petersburg and get the chance to discover the imperial wonder of this Russian city.
- Get your fix of Russian highlights with an optional day trip to Moscow.
- Enjoy a Northern Explorer cruise across the Gulf of Finland on an overnight ferry to Helsinki.
- Enjoy free days to relax and spend as you please in Warsaw, St Petersburg and Berlin.
- Journey through the mesmerizing landscapes of the Baltic states and see the famous Hill of Crosses in Lithuania and pay a sobering visit to the Latvian War Cemetery.
- Admire the magical views of a castle in the middle of a lake in the beautiful Trakai National Park in Lithuania.
- Embark on locally guided tours of Tallinn and Warsaw which offer deep insight into the history, traditions and modern life in each city.
- Join your tour leader for orientation tours of Copenhagen, Gamla Stan in Stockholm, Riga, Vilnius and Berlin. These tours offer a great overview of each destination!
- Enjoy the Dutch way of life on a visit to the Riekermolen Windmill along with an intriguing cheese and clogs demonstration.
- Visit the towns of Saulkrasti on Latvia’s coast and Poznan - a Polish town famous for hosting the coronations of many early Polish kings.
Is this the right tour for me?
What is the accommodation like?
On our Northern European tours, travellers will share twin rooms. If you are travelling solo, you’ll be paired with a fellow traveller of the same gender. Looking for some privacy and a room of your own? No problem! Simply pay for a single supplement when booking your trip.
How much walking will there be?
There will be a fair amount of walking on orientation and locally guided tours. The pace will not be strenuous and travellers should be sure to pack comfortable walking shoes.
Are the Baltic states worth visiting?
Definitely! The Baltic states are home to unique cultures, traditions and sites! They are full of history and many cities proudly bear the scars of tumultuous pasts while embracing a modern cosmopolitan charm! Enjoy discovering the fascinating rhythms of life here - some of which remain unchanged for many years!
Is it safe to visit the Baltic states?
Yes, safety concerns in the Baltic states are similar to visiting western and eastern Europe.
Which Baltic country is the best to visit?
All of them! Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are all excellent travel destinations in their own right. A visit to each will reveal the magic behind each destination.
This 18-day tour covers a number of amazing travel destinations. With Expat Explore you can look forward to enjoying an exciting mix of attractions, experiences, history and fun! All in an affordable and convenient way, with accommodation, transport, most meals and a number of great included experiences!