Show us the lower price and we'll do more than match it, we'll beat it! Learn More
Spend 5 days exploring the untamed beauty of Cambodia. Start in phenomenal Phnom Penh and experience the most iconic sights, like the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and Wat Phnom temple. Reflect on Cambodia's recent history of brutality as you visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museums and killing fields. Experience the best of the floating villages of Cong Kneas on board a traditional wooden boat, just like a local. Here the rhythm of life has remained unchanged. Take a day to saunter about Angkor Wat, one of Cambodia's most renowned ancient Hindu temples. Ready, set, Cambodia! This is an experience that will leave you forever changed.
Photos of the Tour
Why this Trip
- All tour dates are guaranteed to depart.
- Only 10% deposit or minimum $110.00 required - pay the rest off in instalments.
- Modern air-conditioned coach transport.
- High quality 3 & 4* hotel accommodation with free WiFi.
Itinerary PrintView full Itinerary here
Phnom Penh, from 14:00 hrs
Siem Reap, 10:00 hrs
DAY 1: Arrive in Phnom Penh
The tour starts in the city of Phnom Penh today. Check in at your hotel and take to the streets to drink in the vibrant bustle of the Cambodian capital. Make your way to a roadside cafe to watch the world go by, or simply walk around and find your way. Meet up with your tour leader at the hotel this evening.
DAY 2: Phnom Penh
Start with a visit to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. Once a former school, it was later used to hold many prisoners captive and torture them under the merciless Khmer Rouge regime. Follow in their footsteps as you make your way to the Killing Fields (Choeung Ek Extermination Camp). After a morning of dark, light and humbling experiences, make your way to the bustling Toul Tom Poung Market. Here, you can shop for souvenirs and keepsakes. Then it's onto the Royal Compound, where you can encounter the famous Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda. Round it all off with a visit to the Wat Phnom that perches atop a hill.
DAY 3: Siem Reap
Enjoy a local breakfast and make your way to Siem Reap. This resort town serves as the gateway to the famous ruins of Angkor. Check in at the hotel and kick off with a visit to the friendly and colourful floating village of Chong Kneas. Explore Tonle Sap Lake on a traditional wooden boat, just like a local. Spend the rest of the day at Chantiers Ecoles - Les Artisans d'Angkor. Here you can observe how young Cambodians train in the age-old traditions of the Khmer culture.
DAY 4: Angkor Wat
Angkor Wat is a symbol of Cambodia and one of the country's most popular travel attractions. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the largest monument of its kind in the world. The Angkor temple complex covers over 400 km2 (including the forested area). It's home to the remains of the different capitals of the Khmer Empire. Take the day to explore the sights, which include the Bayon Temple, Royal Enclosure and more.
DAY 5: End of tour
Your Cambodian tour has come to an end. Take some time to exchange contact details with your fellow travellers so you can keep in touch afterward.
- 4 nights 3 & 4* hotel accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room and cabin.
- Services of an Expat Explore tour leader throughout the tour
- 4 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- All taxes and fees
- Modern air conditioned coach
- 8 Experiences (including guided walking tours, orientation walks, driving tours of cities plus other exciting experiences)
- All entrance fees as part of the included experiences
Optional ExcursionsOptional excursions are payable in cash currency to your tour leader whilst on tour.
- To be confirmed
Save - without compromising on quality - by booking directly with the leading tour operator
How we make awesome trips affordable
- No intermediary: You book directly from the tour operator so you don't have to pay any travel agent.
- As a Europe leading bus tour operator we have 11 years of experience finding the best hotels for your budget and continuously optimizing our selection based on customer feedback.
- We book our hotels well in advance so we get great value rates that we can pass on to you!
- Thanks to the great number of people who travel with us each year, we can negotiate great deals that would be quite impossible for you to find on your own.
Detailed Info Pack
- Tour start & end points
- Pre-departure information
- Pre-tour accommodation
For more information on, starting points & times, emergency contact details, budgeting for your tour & much more you can download our information pack here.
Helpful Pre-Trip Info
Certain nationalities may require a Cambodian visa for this tour. Please see our pre-departure information for more details. It is your responsibility to contact the relevant embassy to confirm your visa requirements. We can provide support documentation upon request, please contact us for more information.
On tour costs
Please refer to the tour itinerary for full details of the activities and meals that are included in the tour cost, and those that are optional/extra. We would recommend budgeting 60,00-100,000 Cambodian riel / 15-25 USD per day (this excludes optional excursions).
Please note, by default all rooms are twin bed rooms.
- Partners: When you book for more than one person, we will by default group you together in a room (unless you specifically request us not to). If you are unequal numbers (3, 5, 7 etc.) and we are unable to secure a triple room then the remaining traveler will be roomed with another passenger of the same gender.
- Single Travelers: If you are travelling alone there is no compulsory charge - you will share a twin room with another passenger of the same gender. There is an optional single supplement/private room upgrade available for single travellers who wish to have a private room. This can be added at the time of booking or by contacting our customer services team. Please note that the room provided may be a single room with a single bed.
- Triple Room requests: We can generally provide a triple room on request; however it is not guaranteed to be available in every destination. Please contact our customer services team to request a triple room. Please note that in some hotels, the triple may be a double and a single bed, or the third bed may be a pull-out or bunk-bed. Where we cannot provide a triple room the rooming will consist of one twin room and the third passenger sharing with another single traveller of the same gender.
In some destinations you will have some free time, where you can choose to join our optional excursions or explore on your own.
Your tour starts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and finishes in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Please have a look at our essential tour information page for detailed information.
This should be valid for at least six months after you have returned home from your trip. You should also have at least two blank pages as visas and entry/exit stamps can take up a whole page.
Have a question?
Are children allowed on your tours?
Can you cater for my dietary requirements?
Can you provide a triple room?
Do I need a visa?
Do I need to change money before the tour?
How can I get the documents I need to apply for my visa?
How much luggage can I bring?
Is my deposit refundable?
Is travel insurance compulsory?
What about room sharing & single supplements?
What is the average age of your groups?
What level of fitness do I need to participate in these tours?
- Why this Trip
- What's Included
- Departure Dates
- Pre-Trip Info
- Q & A