This Croatian sailing tour offers a unique, beautiful and incredibly relaxing way to island hop and explore Croatia’s coastline. In one week you’ll sail to some of Croatia’s most beautiful islands, such as Hvar and Korčula, while enjoying the sun and sea with swimming stops every morning.
While sailing Croatia, you’ll get to see some of the top tourist destinations and ancient sites, as well as discover hidden gems and untouched natural beauty.
This sailing trip boasts many highlights! On this Croatia tour you’ll get to:
- Explore the stunning Mljet National Park which is home to beaches, lakes, ancient ruins and beautiful rugged coastlines! You can relax and enjoy scenic walks or cycle around the island.
- Discover the glorious walled city of Dubrovnik and marvel at its medieval and baroque architecture. Here you’ll have the option of participating in a Game of Thrones walking tour excursion!
- Spend your mornings sailing on crystal blue waters and stopping at beautiful beaches for a swim.
- Enjoy free time exploring Korčula, the birthplace of Marco Polo and an island rich in vineyards and olive groves, as well as Hvar, the longest island in the Adriatic, where you’ll experience the vibrant nightlife.
- Swim at one of Europe’s top beaches; Zlatni Rat, also known as the Golden Horn Beach!
Is this the right tour for me?
This tour is ideal for travellers who want to soak up as much sun as possible! Sailing tours allow for a one-of-a-kind journey that reveals beauty from all angles. You’ll have plenty of time to explore Croatia’s islands as well as time to relax and take in your surroundings. With free time in Makarska, Korčula, Dubrovnik and Hvar, you can take this tour at your own pace while engaging in optional activities.
What is the accommodation like?
Expat Explore Travel exclusively uses the MS Dalmatinac and MS Petrina (or similar) boats on this Croatia boat trip. Travellers can look forward to seven nights’ accommodation in twin-share cabins, shared with another traveller of the same gender, with en-suite facilities. Solo travellers who would like some more privacy can purchase a single supplement for a private cabin.
What should I pack?
Swimming gear is a necessity for all the beaches you’ll be visiting! The Adriatic coast has a Mediterranean climate with warm summer temperatures that extend into autumn. If travelling during summer, pack light, breathable clothing and in autumn bring warmer clothes for early mornings and evenings. Comfortable walking shoes are always a must.
When is the best time to take this Croatia sailing tour?
Summer days in Croatia are stunning but this is also the peak tourist season. The great thing about the Adriatic coast’s climate is that sunny days can be enjoyed well into off-peak seasons of autumn and spring.
How fit do I have to be for this tour?
If you are fit enough to complete the city walking tours at a leisurely pace, you will be fit enough for this tour. Remember to pack comfortable walking shoes. There will be swimming stops each morning but if you prefer to lounge on the beach, that is completely up to you!